Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KW coilover issue. Need suggestions from the veterans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KW coilover issue. Need suggestions from the veterans.

Okay so I have a set of KW variant 1 coilovers. Install was smooth. no problems. Somewhere in the middle of switching wheels and tweaking ride height my front coilovers developed a clunk. I know you're probably thinking oh boy another coilover clunk thread, but I didn't want to raise an old thread from the dead.

Here's what I know. It's not coil bind, because it's not happening when I'm turning. It's only audible at low speeds over small bumps. I can feel feedback very vaguely in the pedals. It's relatively minor, but it still drives me nuts and makes me feel kinda unsafe. I've checked the top nut where the shock piston comes through the strut towers, that's tight as hell. I've shook the wheels while it was up on a lift to check for ball joint/ tie rod issues. Also checked out. Sway bar end links also appear to be as tight as necessary.

I'm running out of ideas as to what it could be. What makes it even stranger is the car won't do it if I have a passenger riding with me! It's like it doesn't want me to get help! If anyone has any ideas, PLEASE help a brother out. Thanks.
    sigpic
    Instagram: @_the_jare_bear

bump. anybody? anybody? I even tried contacing KW and they said it could be clunking because the coilovers are too low....how's that even possible?! haha.
    sigpic

Comment

It might be the bolts that connect the top hats to the car. Check those when the car is on the ground to see if they are raised at all.

Comment

I checked that too. Also seems quite tight. It's mind boggling.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X