e30 325i Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30 325i Help?

Thinking about Buying this 89 325i and was wondering what the best option to get rid of the wheel gap would be for me. I really don't want to spend too much money on it but I don't want it to be cheap. Should I invest in coilovers or just cut the springs and buy spacers? Also, is cutting springs risky or result in a bad ride or is it ok? Thanks!!
    Attached Files

Depending on your budget I'd go with either lowering springs or the coil overs. I wouldn't remove part of the coil.
    Good luck car has potential.
    Lowrider Depot

Comment

Ok Thanks Brother

Comment

Theres a few options for the e30s. Im not sure of your idea of cheap though.

The tried and true is the ground control setup. It consists of a conversion system for the front with springs and an adjuster and spring for the rear. They do not include shocks in their price, however you can chose a few different types of shocks from them when you order. These are nice because you can order any size and spring rate. These will run you around 1000 dollars.

Another popular setup is the eibach pro spring kit. I believe this kit will only lower you about 60mm, and you still need to purchase shocks. All said and done this will cost around 700 dollars.

Broadway Static recently started producing e30 coilovers, and they make some of the best products out there. They are meant to put your car on the ground, however they still maintain great travel and performance according to reviews. These cost around 1600 dollars.

There are BC Racing coilovers which alot of the people who track their cars use. I do not know much about them but they cost around 1400 dollars (dont quote me on this)

There is also the JOM coilovers. These coilovers are cheap and are the equivilant to racelands for the VW scene. From reviews the rear does not sit low at all and people end up getting shorter springs. The ride isnt too bad (yes I have personally ridden with them) but expect the shocks to blow if you run the car low, especially if you get shorter springs for the rear. These will cost around 4-500 dollars

I am not too familiar with these, but a member on R3vlimited, who goes by the username einstein57 is producing coilovers. I do not know much about these, or even a price, but I have seen them in the for sale sections on that forum.

Alot of great information can be found in the Springs, Shocks, Sways & Steering section on R3vlimited.com. There are also many writeups on there. I really recommend checking it out, alot of good information and great people.

Comment

Thanks I'll Look Into them!!

Comment

Working...
          X