I Spy Something.... Different.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Spy Something.... Different.

Im always apprehensive posting my truck on the internet. I never fall into a set category and its always a "love it" or "**** it" review. I like old school muscle and new school trends mixed with the functionality of Pro Touring. Seems like people are either one way or the other. I float between truck forums, car forums, old school forums, etc and grab my taste from everything which never mixes well with pure-ists.

I recently learned of the "meh" for my truck in the stance community. I went to OffSet Kings in Chicago. No one stopped to look at my truck or talk to me nor did I see pics online of mine, correction, I found 1. People would post up albums and go down the row and take a pic of my entire club and stop and skip me haha. I was 1 of 5 domestic cars there. A awful looking corevette won, who happened to be friends with the judges. It is what it is. I enjoy everything, just wish people has the same views.

Anyways.....
    Ive been building this for the past 10 years. It was my first car I owned when I was 16. Finally is becoming reliable and drivable. I finally got some shots with my friend who is very talented behind the lens.

Mods:
    Suspension/Rolling Attire:
    5.5in front drop with 245/45/18
    7.25in rear drop 275/45/20
    18x8 front and 20x10 Boss 338s

Engine/Trans:
    Mildly built 350 approx 1/4mile - mid 12s
    5 speed t5 trans

Exterior:
    Shaved everything
    Scooby STI lip
    Grille Insert
    Cowl Hood
    Caddy Taillights with Step Shavers

Interior:
    All Autometer gauges in a shaved and fiberglassed dash
    No interior at all, only racing seats and soon to be roll cage
    Wink Mirror

Future major mods will be coilovers all around and a top mount supercharger.

High Res>> https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2937/...ce8118eb_o.jpg

High Res>> https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3903/...8e144c16_o.jpg

High Res>> https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5488/...422c6d35_o.jpg

Ran out of time for some engine pics but heres an older pic I grabbed.
    I own a hydrographics company so everything will be totally different when I get a chance

You cant really tell but the motor is crazy sparkly purple.

Thanks for lookin!
    Last edited by Dirt Nasty; 07-04-2014, 07:28 PM.
    I Drive Minitrucks.

Instagram: @cylnoma

I dig it man! I used to have a '98 2.2L S10 5-speed/2WD that I daily drove. I like what you have done to it in the sense that, much like you said, it doesn't really fall into one "cookie cutter" category. You kinda got your feet wet in a few different vehicle genres with this build and that's what gives the truck it's character.
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
      I dig it man! I used to have a '98 2.2L S10 5-speed/2WD that I daily drove. I like what you have done to it in the sense that, much like you said, it doesn't really fall into one "cookie cutter" category. You kinda got your feet wet in a few different vehicle genres with this build and that's what gives the truck it's character.
      Thanks man.
      Ya minitruckers are like... Its not even low, BAG IT!
      Motorheads like... cute paint, why dont you drive it?
      Car People are like... What? haha

I do like that I have a little bit of knowledge in everything but im not a master of anything haha
      I Drive Minitrucks.

Comment

I can dig it.
        I like how it isn't so low that the wheels are terribly sunken into the body like a lot of the minitruck scene does.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
          I can dig it.
          I like how it isn't so low that the wheels are terribly sunken into the body like a lot of the minitruck scene does.
          Thanks man.
          You think rolling fenders on a car is tough... Took me 4 hours a side to get the rears to fit. Truck beds are double liped BC of how they are made. I had to pie cut every 1/4in almost all the way around the wheel well... Then roll it. They fit like a glove now.

I am thinking about running some Diamond Racing Rims with crazy offset and a meaty tire next year. Itll lower me ALOT since my rims/tire combo is pretty large and might look good. Ill hang on to my current set though.
          I Drive Minitrucks.

Comment

I really like it, especially what you did with the back end.

Comment

I attended offset kings, walked the entire show and parking lot...didn't see your truck but would have checked it out.

Comment

Originally posted by AdreView View Post
                I attended offset kings, walked the entire show and parking lot...didn't see your truck but would have checked it out.
                haha the parking lot was nuts. It was like another part of the show. very quality things there.

I was parked in the row nearest to the street. Im front of me was what appeared to be a drift team. They all had chrome decals
                I Drive Minitrucks.

Comment

great.it isn't so low that the wheels are terribly sunken into the body like a lot of the minitruck scene does. thanks

Comment

I love this thing,I think it's a great build man!
                    IG @mriterphoto for daily crap / @wheresmy10mil for car/truck shennanigans.

Comment

Love the 338's on there! Very cool setup!
                      Current Project: 1988 535is --- Pics and Info When Its Worthy

Comment

thanks guys!
                        I Drive Minitrucks.

Comment

Love it, it's so clean. So glad you didn't bag it with 20" rims
                          i have the s10 that everybody hates

Comment

Originally posted by CraigSnedeker View Post
                            Love it, it's so clean. So glad you didn't bag it with 20" rims
                            hell nawz.
                            Im one of the few guys around here that has their weekend/show truck static. I dont think bags would fit the theme Im going with very well. They all rag on me for not being low but its cool haha.. next year I think Im gonna do some 16in diamond racing rims with slight stretch and crazy offset for more of a nascar truck feel..
                            I Drive Minitrucks.

Comment

Nice truck man. That color combo is insane, but I like it.

I see you're in Toledo. My old hometown. You wouldn't happen to know Dan Grether, would you?
                              Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                              2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Working...
                              X