Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welded or sealed? Enkei EK62

Only picture I have onhand right now.

I did a little google searching and discovered that some "welded" 3pc wheels aren't actually welded, and are sealed/sprayed silver to look like welds. I would love to split these, find a little bigger lips for the rear and paint/powder the centers and bolts- along with having custom center caps made.

These are 14x7 5x114.3 ET? (something low) and with wobble bolts and hubcentric rings I should be able to fit these under my W110.

I don't really wanna eff up the weld trying to split it with a hammer and screwdriver, but does this look like a weld to you?
    The Northwest.
    Mercedes W110 'Heckflosse' | Jetta Mk4 8v
    IG: amotion578

If I remember correctly, those are welded. I'd leave them that way unless you know you can get replacement lips/ barrels. If so go for it. If you're dead set on wider, that pop them apart and see if you can weld the holes in the centers and go to BBS or OZ lips and barrels.

Comment

I heard that too. I more wanted to split them to refinish the face by itself over everything really, 14x7 on a car that has 13x5 right now would be plenty, 14x8 rear would just be for flavor lol
      The Northwest.

Comment

Definitely welded. I have a set in 15x8 et-20.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleAnderson View Post
          Definitely welded. I have a set in 15x8 et-20.
          I figured as much. Also what's going on fellow Northwester?

I was told these are ET0 I'm really curious to see how they fit on a car that came with 13x5 ET 30-40 originally haha.
          The Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by amotion578 View Post
            I figured as much. Also what's going on fellow Northwester?

I was told these are ET0 I'm really curious to see how they fit on a car that came with 13x5 ET 30-40 originally haha.
            Oh, you know, just hoping it snows tonight so I can take the day off work.

The offset should be hand-stamped on the back of one of the spokes. Could take some cleaning to find if they're really corroded or dirty.

Comment

Working...
            X