Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagged Old Benzo - 1972 W108 280SEL

Hello everyone,

A few years ago, I put an AccuAir iLevel system in my 1972 Mercedes 280SEL. It's been a blast to drive, and just as much fun to look at. I got some pictures taken at Rice University in Houston - which was the perfect backdrop for this classy ride!

The pictures below are a bit old now, but I don't think I've ever shared them with yall. Obviously with a split rear axle, air bags take a toll on the bushings - so I'm doing a little rehab on it right now. Enjoy the pictures below, and I'll let yall know how it drives with new rubbery bits in a few weeks!

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like andratch.

Old build thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=47918

Last edited by andratch; 01-04-2016, 12:26 PM.

look clean af

Comment

yes,look clean af

Comment

So nice

Comment

Someday I will build an old big body Benz like this. Simply amazing!

First shot simply does something for me. The grille, badge, lights... all of it; shoot more please.
          1975 BMW 2002 : : 1977 BMW 320i : : 1983 BMW 320i

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Classy View Post
            Someday I will build an old big body Benz like this. Simply amazing!

First shot simply does something for me. The grille, badge, lights... all of it; shoot more please.
            More pictures are coming. I need to find another good backdrop around town. I'm also doing some suspension and "Daily Driveability" updates right now.

There's a big, expensive bushing on top of the Diff of 60's and 70's Mercs with split rear axles that keeps the diff centered - If you see a bagged Benz with severe rear camber, chances are it's kaput. I'm replacing mine right now, along with all the weatherstripping, disassemble and re-finish the wood dash, fix the window regulators, all new fluids, etc...I've been using it as a short-trip car, but I want to start driving it on a regular basis!

I also bought this bluetooth tape deck adapter....which lets me keep my old radio and use spotify from my phone! I'm pretty pumped about this thing.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I3YLHAC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00"]Amazon.com: Ion Audio Cassette Adapter Bluetooth Music Receiver for Cassette Decks: Musical Instruments[/ame]

Nice E21, by the way. My first car was an E21, and I learned machining by building a turbo system and MegaSquirt for it
            Last edited by andratch; 01-04-2016, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Hi did u change the engine or it's still on the original?Looking to put a modern engine in mine and need ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by 126v8 View Post
                Hi did u change the engine or it's still on the original?Looking to put a modern engine in mine and need ideas.
                My engine and fuel management (Bosch D-Jet) are all original. I've heard of people dropping Chevy 302/350 engines in there without too much issue, but switching manufacturers is obviously going to require a decent amount of fabrication no matter what.

IIRC, most of the V8 engines from the 80's S-Classes (W126, etc) drop into the W108 without too much of an issue, so that might be a good starting point if you just need a replacement.

What's inspiring the move to a "modern" engine? Don't do it for power, these are more fun as low&slow cars

Comment

WOW - incredible. That shots and settings are just incredible!
                  You're based in Houston? If only in Cali
                  91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                  ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

Working...
                  X