No announcement yet.

Cut.Weld.Scrape. = Bagged E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, I carry a quart of oil in my car at all times, but enough to do an oil change never crossed my mind. I can't wait to see it on the Futuras.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
      Wow, I carry a quart of oil in my car at all times, but enough to do an oil change never crossed my mind. I can't wait to see it on the Futuras.
      lol, it was my first time riding that low with an M20 (low oil pan). When the car was initially bagged I didn't know what to except. So carry all that oil and some JB weld was pretty much for caution.

Thanks I got the lips back today the assembly process has started
      [Cut. Weld. Scrape. = Bagged e30 Build Thread]

[Instagram: Ritchie_30]

Comment

• I love this thread. Can't wait to see the OZ's on!!!!

SOLD My feature: http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

• Originally posted by OOMPH! View Post
          I love this thread. Can't wait to see the OZ's on!!!!
          Thanks man, Im woring on them each day when I find the time. Its getting to the point where I feel like taking a weeks vacation just to reassembly them lol

Here a small preview of the polish!

IMG_0209 by iiTs.RICH, on Flickr

Comment

• Random Update

Haven't updated this in a while, no surprise there. Since my last post I have: Rerolled and pulled each fender to fit the wider Futuras. Other than that its a few small stuff here and there.

On to the pictures.....

IMG_0295

IMG_0278

IMG_0283

IMG_1345

Comment

• game over with those futuras. killed it
              IMG_20140729_210811 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

My build thread.http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33607
              Instagram: MGRAND3

Comment

• Originally posted by bostongrnM3 View Post
                game over with those futuras. killed it
                lol Thanks man

Comment

• Suggestion for the bay, that yellow stuff is a rust prevention coating bmw sprayed over the bay for transporting the cars to the US, i have to see what the name of the chemical i used is called but with some scrubbing it comes right off to expose the likely cherry white paint under it. Most dealerships were lazy upon receiving the cars and didnt scrub it all off, looks like yours were just extra lazy haha

Comment

• Originally posted by NightOwl View Post
                    Suggestion for the bay, that yellow stuff is a rust prevention coating bmw sprayed over the bay for transporting the cars to the US, i have to see what the name of the chemical i used is called but with some scrubbing it comes right off to expose the likely cherry white paint under it. Most dealerships were lazy upon receiving the cars and didnt scrub it all off, looks like yours were just extra lazy haha
                    Thanks for the information, im familiar with the rust prevention chemical your speaking of, it was Cosmoline if im not mistaken. They used tons of that stuff in the earlier stages. I have yet to clean my engine bay, but when I do i hope it turns out well.

If it comes to you please shoot me a PM, ive read of various concoctions which would do the trick, im curious to hear yours - im down for whatever is more effect.

Thanks again!

Comment

• A light acetone or mineral spirits will take the cosmoline off. Then just wax area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Camip View Post
                        A light acetone or mineral spirits will take the cosmoline off. Then just wax area.
                        Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                        X