No. 0229 My Journey with my 20th AE GTI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. 0229 My Journey with my 20th AE GTI

So since my Jetta is still under the knife, I decided I was going to need a new car. I picked up this 20th AE GTI about 6 months ago with 120k miles for a steal.

It had its little problems but I was able to sort those out fairly quickly.

I'm making this thread as a timeline of what I've done to the car and what I will continue to do. I bought it with the mentality that it wouldn't become another project, but after owning for a little over a week, that mentality went out the window.

So here we go!

Here she is the first weekend after I bought it. I spent hours in the garage using many many Chemical Guys and Smart Wax polishes to make it look this way, but it paid off. I should also mention, that during this time I also flashed the car with a Stage 2 Eurodyne tune. So much for staying stock.

It Sure did fit in well in my garage

After having a driving MK4 again, I started to get the itch... and a little over a week after I bought it, I sent an email to Mike at VX Tuning and put in an order for some Retros

I will never cease to be impressed by VX Tuning. Mike is absolutely wonderful and his products are Beautiful.

The next thing I did is what I like to call "The Typical MK4 Kid Mod" and bought a set of racks

Up to this point, the car had only been used to get me around town, it's longest drive was about 50 miles to go visit my parents. I needed to give it some time on the road to make sure there was nothing I needed to get sorted so I took a 400 mile road trip up to the Central Valley of California. The following pictures sum up the Central Valley.... Corn and Nut Trees

The drive brought out some problem, I had a leaky Valve Cover gasket and after this trip, my car seemed to have a very hard time starting.
    Pulled codes and got a Camshaft Position Sensor fault... gee I wonder why

After performing the maintenance and getting the car back in good running condition I was surprised with a package at my door from Raceland.

It was a set of Primos. I didn't order them, but I was glad that who ever did, shipped them to my house.

I later got a call from my dad who asked me if the coilovers showed up, He said he was sad seeing me not driving a lowered Volkswagen and decided to take the matter into his own hands. Thanks Dad! :thumbup:

I will say, for cheap, budget coils, the Primos ride pretty nice and I was very impressed.

Christmas time was just about to start rolling around and I needed a new set of tires, Lucky for me... my Broken Jetta was the perfect donor. Thanks for the Alphards, sorry for the Aristos with Bad tires.

Since its a Christmas tradition here with the Eurojerks, I threw my roof basket and lights on the GTI for the month of December

Fun Photo Ops Ensued

This car has been nothing but fun for me since I've bought it... and it actually handles quite well in the snow

But this leads me up to today, I just ordered a Concepts in Motion Ventpod and Boost Gauge. Can't wait for it to get here and give the thread its first "real update!"

Thanks for Looking!:thumbup::thumbup:
    Instagram: Brandon_Schulze
    VWVortex: Brandon_Schulze

MK4 Volkswagen Jetta. Bagged. Daily.

۟rojerks

Jetta Build Thread:
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46900

So I forgot to put this in the OP, but when I bought the car the previous owner left it parked outside the whole time he owned it and the roof clear was peeling off...

Nothing a little Vinyl couldnt fix. I used Avery Black Metallic, it is VERY close to BMP.

So here's an update. I need to do this still and wish I would have gotten the kit before the Coils, but trying to find some time. I'll document the install when I do it.

۟rojerks

Jetta Build Thread:

Comment

Title looks like spam, maybe it's just me but a lot of spam threads are started on this forum and it might make people stay off your thread. In other words this car is rad and +1 for alphards they are so cool.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Great shots and clean 20th!

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
          Title looks like spam, maybe it's just me but a lot of spam threads are started on this forum and it might make people stay off your thread. In other words this car is rad and +1 for alphards they are so cool.
          Thought it was spam as well...

Comment

I loved my Concepts in Motion Gauge and ventpod so much in the Jetta, I ordered another for my GTI. It came today in the mail and I just installed it. Quick little mid week update.

۟rojerks

Jetta Build Thread:

Comment

Man oh man.... so much has happened since I last updated this thread.

I loved my 20th and I am sad to say that I ended up selling it. I am happy, however, to say that the new owner loves it just as much as I did and is taking great care of it.

Since I last updated this thread I have purchased 2 new cars.

First off, I have been working for Audi Temecula since May of 2017, in July of 2017 I sold the GTI and bought a 2018 S4.

Only mod I did was the Emmanuel Designs lowering springs and man did the car drive great.

I owned the S4 for 9 glorious months before the time came that I decided to trade it in and move on to something new.

I am now the proud owner of a 2018 SQ5. See pics below.

If you care to keep in touch or see what I may do with the SQ5 I'd be happy to have you shoot me a follow on IG: @Brandon_Schulze

۟rojerks

Jetta Build Thread:

Comment

Working...
              X