Comment

• Amazing thread man...

Comment

• Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
            That trunk setup is amazing!
            Originally posted by Amgcdi View Post
            Amazing thread man...
            Thanks for the nice words!
            Mini update: sewing machine is out for repairs so I'm at a stand still but I'll probably go to my buddies who has good machines too. Making a diamond pleat insert for inside the battery/wire/hose area to clean things up. Made a negative terminal/ground post to clamp the amp and battery too. I used a M6 nutsert but would like to see an M10 in there to make things more sturdy. Ran lines to my little switch which is now situated in the top left plastic. Remaining in the trunk build is the pressed steel insert grills for the bulb access zones. Beyond that I am considering the trunk done. The tank and lines hold pressure for 2 days now with no major leak/pressure drop so that is great news because there are many connection points. I hope to finish the wood portion of the speaker box today too. Pics:

This is for my modular cage build. It's to hide the hardware but still be strong.

This is the colour I'm wrapping it: Avery gloss grey

Seat should be in this week and then the cage build begins

Comment

• Do you do your own stitch work? If so, what kind of machine are you using?

Comment

• Mini update: Sub box on its way to completion. Made most of the panels for it tonight and the basic outline/plan. I just need to cut some windows/holes, get the router going and start glueing tomorrow. I should be done in the next few days. Here's some pics:

Thats going to be an raised (embossed) JB MaF logo cut from 1/4" foam then wrapped over top. It's a little trick I picked up on youtube.

That's the toggle switch that will be eventually hidden in a plate and some diamond pleat

Comment

• Originally posted by icrashcars View Post
                  Do you do your own stitch work? If so, what kind of machine are you using?
                  Yes I sew my stuff. I'm using a pfaff 1245 industrial walking foot machine. It's used in the automotive interior industry and just loves going through vinyl and leather all day.

Comment

• I cant even, please continue sir!
                    check out my build

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46776

Comment

• Originally posted by MuTToN_DaGGeR View Post
                      I cant even, please continue sir!
                      Continued!
                      Update: I figured out what spray adhesive works best finally. It's this ennis brand stuff for high heat/outdoor use. It sticks perfect. I was having trouble getting some areas to lay flat like between the speaker cover insert black pieces. I had to redo it 3 times because it didn't look good. I used silicone spray to slide the panels in an everything lays/sits perfect. I'm really happy with how it looks. I glued/screwed the box together last night and installed the ports according to some port calculator program. I hope it will sound good. The box has a reinforced center brace and layers of fiber glass on the curved sections to keep things solid. Seat and steering wheel are in and fit mint. I had to make some stupid pieces for the seat base because a local parts shop kept of ordering the wrong stuff. Now that the sub box and seat are basically done I can move to the main hoop>

Comment

• fuck me this is a gorgeous car
                        Passion Garage

http://www.voomeran.jp

Comment

• Originally posted by PassionGarage View Post
                          fuck me this is a gorgeous car
                          haha thanks!
                          It seems cars get more attention from guys then women. I guess maybe thats because generally guys realize the amount of work and detail some people put into their builds. So I tried sewing up a diamond pleat border transition piece for the box and didn't like the effect. The diamonds weren't pronounced enough so I'm gonna do it over with the 3/8" white foam. It gives a better look that I'm going after. However the method of pattern will work perfect in terms of it sitting on the slanted section. I need to figure a way to throw some bradnails through it or use some upholstery tricks instead of just the standard gluing technique. I'm thinking of running some piping then stapling between the piping to conceal the staple. This friday I'm back at it again... since I have the day off. Completion of box and full speed ahead for the cage. Pics :

Follow here for more interesting build pics: https://www.instagram.com/jb_maf/

Comment

• Unbelievable work man! Can't wait to see you get started on the widebody!

Do you have any engine work done? It's a 1.8T right?

Comment

• Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
                              Unbelievable work man! Can't wait to see you get started on the widebody!

Do you have any engine work done? It's a 1.8T right?
                              1.8T with stage 2 clutch, LSD, connecting rods, etc. Going in this round 5858 precision turbo and 870 injectors with custom manifold among other new items.

Comment

• Keep it Up. Nice work, i Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X