Clear All

How your car sits

How it needs to sit

Comment

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
      How your car sits

How it needs to sit

This spring's goal right there.
      Road to a Stanced Civic (My Build Thread)

Comment

what's up with your hood?
        _abbi

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
          what's up with your hood?
          Hood spacers. Dont really care for them but its his car not mine lol.

Comment

It's been a crazy long time since last time I posted, but now that I have time I figured I should pop back up. So on this update I have changed a couple of things around. Got some LoTek shortened struts (and kept my old coilover sleeves), and also painted my wheels white. The new shortened struts actually made the car sit a good amount lower (a little less than 2 inches), but since they are very low quality they blew in a couple of months lol. Since I got the for free it was a really nice and cheap way to lower my car, so I was happy. Here's some pictures

Comment

Here's a picture that someone took of my car at a local meet here in MN (Dopery Meet 2015).

Comment

Good news! I got a couple of goodies a couple of months after getting the (now blown) LoTek shortened struts. I got D2 Super Low coilovers and also picked up these American Racing Wheels for so cheap I couldn't say no. They are 16x7 w/ 165/45 tires on them, offset unknown since the back of the wheels don't say and I am using 25mm adapters from 4x100 to 4x114.3. The new D2 coilovers ride AWESOME. They go very low and are also dampening so I can adjust how stiff or soft it feels. During "low" season I ride on basically as stiff as they get, and during winter I soften em up. The new wheels look great from the side, but seem a little too for my taste. Anyways for the price they look great (I also painted them myself because they were in rough shape) and they are 16 instead of 15 so they raise my car a bit so I won't drag around 24/7.

Last edited by 5SpeedEJ6; 01-11-2016, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Well long story short I got tired of seeing how the front sat significantly lower than the front. so I ended up messing with the preload to make it sit lower. NOTE TO SELF: this makes it ride super bouncy. I would not recommend doing this to anyone, it reminded me of how my old blown struts with the crappy coilover sleeves rode. I've also heard that taking off the preload will make your coilovers wear out faster.

Last edited by 5SpeedEJ6; 01-11-2016, 01:33 PM.

Comment

In the meantime of all of these upgrades and new things coming around, I got a flat once (i ran over a screw). I'm happy that my tire did NOT debead and I happily drove home (stopping at 1 gas station on the way) to put some air in. I also bent one of my fenders (apparently at the Wendy's drive thru). I don't remember how, but I remember a faint burnt rubber smell driving back home from Wendy's that day. Here's some pictures

Comment

Can't wait to put these on (weather permitting since it's currently -5F here in MN).
                      These are MPC Ek Billet Drop Forks for those wondering what it is lol, it lowers the front suspension 2" without messing with coilovers, springs, etc.

Comment

ARE 5 spokes are the best.

"Everything has potential."

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          ARE 5 spokes are the best.
                          Yeah they look good, should have seen then when I got them though, really rough shape. Only thing I don't like about these are the fact that they are only 16x7, I wish they were at least 16x8. but whatever they look good anyways.

Comment

Loved the white 15's! Looking good mate
                            Some people will never understand it, why we do what we do.
                            The busted knuckles and the late nights in the garage;
                            it's more than a hobby or pastime, it's a lifestyle. We live it."

Instagram: @Stance_God
                            My 93' EG Sedan Build ( Daily )
                            My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Neat little civic! I like the five spoke best! New ride height without preload is perfect
                              Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

GO TO MY NEW THREAD: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=81914

Comment

Working...
                                X