No announcement yet.

99 Mercedes C43 AMG - Cleaning it up Dropping it down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a shot of the exhaust when we took it off the other night to do rear flex disk. I tell ya, replacing the flex disc transformed the way the car drives, it was pretty cracked up. Car feels tighter and more stable at speeds (I think the cracked disc was causing some real subtle vibrations)

Borla muffler with similar to stock tips welded on to keep stock look

Comment

This is why I love v8's sounds so mean.

Comment

Originally posted by axelillo_PR View Post
        This is why I love v8's sounds so mean.
        thanks yea i must admit, its a nice motor, and its great to be able to hear it. always wanted a V8 and mercedes is the best way to get it. luxury and power. this thing will still pull away from so many cars and it is 12 years old

Comment

i dunno ed.... u know there is such a thing as TOO MUCH awesomeness! Lol kidding No such thing! good shizz right thurr

Comment

Originally posted by Bystrov View Post
            i dunno ed.... u know there is such a thing as TOO MUCH awesomeness! Lol kidding No such thing! good shizz right thurr
            thanks man, the 68 was getting a lotta love with the bags so it was time for the C43 to get some lovin.

now im thinking about spacers and some adjustable camber arms should stop spending money though

Comment

idk if i would have cut up the stock exhaust its sooo nice

Comment

Originally posted by 600whp s4 View Post
                idk if i would have cut up the stock exhaust its sooo nice
                yea just 1 clean cut through the pipe, so easy to switch it back out later.

thats why i didn't cut the stock tips off the muffler, thats all still in 1 piece.

Comment

Hello forum

Please see my eBay listing below for my much loved C43

Time to find a new project to have fun with. This car is sorted after owning/freshening it up over the last 1.5 years. A joy to own. Full history. All wear and tear items replaced.

If a forum member calls me/test drives/wants to buy the car they might find themselves with a better price
                  Last edited by D&W; 06-11-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

oops, link was not working, here 'tis!!

Comment

• Comment

• I cannot believe this has not sold yet. This car is amazing.

GLWS, love the car.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Found a set of Lorinser LM-1's and snagged em. I used to have them on my old C Class and always wanted em again, so the C43 might be wearing em

They need to be refinished, mainly the faces due to scratching, but I might just get them completely done, they have a diamond machine face which only a few places can do from what I've found out.

Specs are;

19 x 9 up front
                          19 x 10 out back

I'll have to see how they fit, but I'm sure David and Dom from here can help me on that

Here is my old C with 18" non staggered and you can see the 19" rear wheel from the set I just picked up and how scratched it is haha

Comment

• D&W, if you were out here on the East Coast... my garage would be the new home to your C43.

Comment

• to bad you didnt bring that old C to america. Imagine all the JDM heads at the meets around here that would love seeing a RHD benz
                              C280 Build Thread
                              C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                              E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                                to bad you didnt bring that old C to america. Imagine all the JDM heads at the meets around here that would love seeing a RHD benz
                                True that, but I also much prefer the $17k cash I sold it for in 2009 Australia is stupid expensive

would be fun to roll around in it over here though for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X