No announcement yet.

Straight outta Germany - Vol 2: E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Some news...

I'm going to crank the coils down a bit today, I think 0.5inch, mount the 18s and on friday drop the car of for getting the fenders rolled and the coils and wheels TÜV approved, after that I'll swap over to winter tires again.

So expect some pics in the next few days with my dad's silver Style 32s... I'm actively comparing prices for powder coating now so it won't be all that long before my set of Style 32s will be lime green.

Comment

cant wait

Comment

BAM,

IN YO FACE.

Now that I've seen them on the car, I'm not sure I want them green anymore. With the silver it just looks so fucking cleaaaaaaan (even though the car is super dirty, haha).

The rear will come down a few mms, the trunk is currently completely empty, no spare tire, no subwoofer & amp, missing a few misc cover panels etc. Once that stuff is in, all in all should be a good 40 - 50kg, the rear will settle a few more mms.

Comment

soooo hot!

Comment

fucking nice and clean!
              i'd never expect those wheels so nice on lower profile tires!
              Green could be cool but gray like this is really really AWE-SO-ME!!!!!!!

Great car!

Comment

I want style 32s so bad

Looks really good.
                Originally posted by da3bous
                I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Looks great!
                  Originally posted by anth
                  Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Hey,

1. The wheels are TÜV-Approved now. Rear fenders are rolled and the rear will come down 5mm, front is the lowest I can go without rubbing. I'll leave it like it is for now, and maybe see about getting a stiffer set of coils and rolled / slightly flared front fenders for 2011 so I can go down 5 - 10mm in the front. Rear will be adjusted accordingly then.

2. Tomorrow it's back on wintertires. Ugly time!

3. I've settled on a shiny silver for the 18s because it looks damn classy like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                      Hey,

3. I've settled on a shiny silver for the 18s because it looks damn classy like this.
                      Good man.
                      -Nick

Comment

sieht geil aus

looks really good, clean it, and make it green (atleast i'd do that)
                        should look really different in germany lol

Comment

Hey,

I've said it a few times before but never supplied pics. This stuff is lying in my garage currently, going to be mounted next month when I have some more time on my hands.

A replica front bumper will be ordered this week as well.

Since I'll shortly be ordering the front bumper, I've been thinking about what lip to mount.... I'd like to hear your thoughts please.

Option 1
                          Stock M3 lip with M3 GT splitters. Cheapest option, because the stock M3 lips comes with the bumper I'll order and replica splitters would cost me about 40€. But I'm not really a fan of the open space between the splitters.

Option 2
                          Mattig lip, painted flack blat. About 100€. But it's fibreglass, which I don't want really.

Option 3
                          Get a Max Velocity lip imported from the states. Very high price, 250$ / 185€ + shipping from the US to Germany + customs fees.

Option 4
                          Leave the stock M3 lip and rape my front fenders and / or put some slight bump stops in so I can lower the front so it looks good without an addition lip.

Last edited by Dr.AK; 02-17-2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Stock lip with out the splitters.
                            And get some pictures up, where the car aint filthy.

*edit.
                            Well, here is a picture of my car. Just with the single lip, with out the splitters.

As you can see, its not that much of a difference, the hight difference between bumper/road and side skirts/road. And now it even less, because i raised the rear after fitting spacers.
                            The lip low is not that awesome in my book.
                            As you stated, its all about wheel gap. If you don't run 24'' you will end up with a low car.
                            Last edited by Zic; 02-14-2010, 08:47 PM.
                            -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                            Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Yeah, just edited my post a bit.

How low are you? You're on 18s too, right? What's your wheel/tire specs and how much ground clearance to you have under your m3 lip and under your frame rails??

When I had the car TÜVed, they drove it up on two ramps (one front left, one rear right) to test the suspension travel... when steering, the front wheels got stuck on the fender at full lock. I would like to go down another 10mm in the front, but I'm not too sure if I can get away with just a small bump stop and a steering angle restrictor (is that correct? bmw installs these things oem when over a certain tire size).

Also, no new pics for a while, since the car is back on wintertires... Just had the 18s on for a 2 days to get this isht approved by the TÜV. We got pretty heavy snow here and I never would drive with summer tires on snow like that. The 2 days I had to do this when getting the car approved were scary enough... braking, what's that?
                              Last edited by Dr.AK; 02-14-2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Mattig lips are so sexy, isn't that the kind that yalden had on his old red E36?

Also what tires are you running on the style 32s? They look perfectly sized

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
                                ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

Working...
                                X