X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
    But then you go on to say:

So... what is it? Are you keeping them, or do you plan on getting different wheels?

You came to a place where people hold you to a higher standard than just eBay parts and chinese-made replicas. What did you honestly expect was going to happen?.

Save up and do tasteful, well-thought out mods when you get the money.
    LOL. In that first quote you forgot to mention I STILL said 2 years. So seriously shut the fuck up. I AM keeping them. I have estimated 2 years because who knows where I'll be financially. An honestly, I LOVE the rims. I don't really give a shit if they aren't "your cup of tea" because they are mine

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
    1. 1500 can buy you wheels and tires REAL wheels and tires (paid 700 shipped +300 for tires)
    2.Are you in a race to finish your car or impatient?
    3.Most Drifters don't care about the strength of wheels, just if they're cheap and can be use to slid on.. Most would drift a bike tire if possible LOL

You obviously care about your car. So, why not put quality parts on it the first time. I think you would have learned from your first mistakes.... Pedal and Carbon Wrap..?.. Do it right the first time or you're going to spend 2x the money in the end.
    You asked for help and we're giving it to you. Take your time.. no rush It's up to you.

I've only had my car since Sept 2012 and it's bagged with Zauber Starforms being refinished for it, because I focused on what I wanted and the outcome .

Go on and tell me how you're a college student and live and home or don't have any money to mod..

I'm a student, have bills and a car note/GF lol. So, it can be done just take your time and save, BRO

This is S|W man. We have higher expectations than your normal "hi, i have yellow fogs and lowering springs forums"
    I actually have been in a tight spot recently. But with my new job at Nissan, I'll be rolling in dough. Once I settle in, pay my dad for all my bills he suspended during my unemployment, and get comfortable, more REAL parts will be coming in to play. And the car will be cleaned up a bit. Everyone says "take your time". That's what I am doing. I'm doing what I can with what I have. And wether it is or isn't the "right way", I am satisfied with my decisions. Isn't that what matters to begin with?

to everyone: if you dislike what I have done with my car, that's ok. It is in fact my car. The earlier phase of the car was pushing towards "rice" but I'm slowly moving away from that to class. So give me some time, and cut me some slack and you will see improvements.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-24-2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Agreed. Thanx for not getting butthurt

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
        Agreed. Thanx for not getting butthurt
        Doing my best.

Steps to getting banned:

1. Post idiocy
        2. Get ridiculed.
        3. Get butthurt
        4. Get on everyone's bad side
        5. Get beliggerant
        6. Get banned

Been there before, not this time. Number 3 is likely the most important

Comment

hate this rice shit
          IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
            hate this rice shit
            Depends on the rice. Mexican rice and steamed rice mmmmmmm. But Hawaiian rice? Fuck that shit im out!

Comment

I second what everyone has said and I think you understand. I'm only on two Forums, this one and FocalJet. Pretty much because the members hold each other to a higher standard and that they appreciate all cars. Not just a certain make or model.

Yes its your car and you can do whatever pleases you. But deep down we're all looking for acceptance from others. Why else post your car on the interwebs for others to see and judge.

Originally posted by Celli View Post
              Actually the mirrors are white, they are just dipped black. Once i start repainting doors, fenders, hood, bumpers, and trunk I will be losing the black/white two tone. But for now, I like it.
              My point to this (and this was pointed out to me when I went through a rice stage) is look at a base model car...black mirrors, trim, etc. Then look at a higher dollar, nicer car... painted trim, color matched pieces. Just apply that to your thoughts about your next mod and you'll be fine.

Modding cars is like a kids drawing...when your 5 you draw stick figures and scribbles, but your parents still hang it on the fridge. Then when your 10, you draw really nice pictures. Its all in practice and age.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

Thanks man that makes a lot of sense. Its nice to hear someone with constructive criticism and not just "fuck off ricer". that shit pisses me off. Constructive criticism goes soooooo much further than being beligerent. Too many people on too many forums resort to beligerence before actually saing something constructive.

but for shits ang giggles, the white f430 scuderia has black mirrors(might be carbon fiber though, cant tell)
                Last edited by Guest; 04-24-2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

For shits and giggles I looked at the pics of the 430 I drove last year, yes they're CF mirrors.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

On zilvia, there are hundreds of guys with xxr on their 240s and drift and have nooo problems. So I think I'm fine.
                    The thing with drifting is, the drifter would rather break a wheel before fucking up anything else under the car. That is why they use cheap wheels, they break easier. Why the fuck would you drift with $1500 wheels, you must balling out the ass if you can afford to drift that type of money away.

Comment

My bitch control arm is giving my wheels problems

Guess its time to crank out camber and waste my tires

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalFocus View Post
                        For shits and giggles I looked at the pics of the 430 I drove last year, yes they're CF mirrors.
                        Damn, back to square one haha.

Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
                        The thing with drifting is, the drifter would rather break a wheel before fucking up anything else under the car. That is why they use cheap wheels, they break easier. Why the fuck would you drift with $1500 wheels, you must balling out the ass if you can afford to drift that type of money away.
                        I also said "noooo" problems. My point was, if a drifter DOESN'T break a rim, what makes you think I will? One guy from zilvia has been on the same xxr for hundreds of events. And countless sets of tires and they are still going strong.

Comment

I feel your pain about the tires man.

I have been here a while and this will save your thread before it becomes a shitstorm. MommysLittleMonster loves giving everyone a hard time when he gets the chance. He gives great advice, but he can come across as an ass. You are not the first one he has done this too (ex. Kaidotech, Belvader) and are certainly not the last. Don't let the ****** win, keep up with this thread and clean the celica up.

Take this advice to heart, this is a little list I created.

When on S|W

Do not reply to ******
                          Do not be offended by people on the internet(then the ****** win)
                          Take their advice and move on(not worth the effort arguing with anyone)
                          Fake wheels are looked down on(do not make them the focus of your car)
                          Do not talk about fake wheels if you own them
                          Do not talk about fake wheels if you don't own them
                          Stay classy(no throwing insults or proving stupid points)
                          Low is good
                          Fitment is better

Keep building this car. It's called the build thread for a reason.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post

I have been here a while and this will save your thread before it becomes a shitstorm. MommysLittleMonster loves giving everyone a hard time when he gets the chance. He gives great advice, but he can come across as an ass. You are not the first one he has done this too (ex. Kaidotech, Belvader) and are certainly not the last. Don't let the ****** win, keep up with this thread and clean the celica up.

When on S|W

Do not reply to ******
                            Low is good
                            Fitment is better

You really touched my heart there man. Me gusta.
                            Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
                            Oh, and your car too.

Comment

When on S|W

Do not reply to ******
                              Low is good
                              Fitment is better

I think I just cried a little bit. Thank you

Comment

LOL. In that first quote you forgot to mention I STILL said 2 years. So seriously shut the fuck up. I AM keeping them. I have estimated 2 years because who knows where I'll be financially. An honestly, I LOVE the rims. I don't really give a shit if they aren't "your cup of tea" because they are mine
                                That's a wonderful way to earn the respect of your peers- tell them to "shut the fuck up" and "I don't really give a shit" after giving you input that you asked for.

This is why we give you a hard time.

When on S|W

Do not reply to ******
                                Low is good
                                Fitment is better

Fact of life: I am a hardass to newbies who can't seem to take criticism well. And yes, I do come across as an asshole. But it's because deep down, I care inside goddamn it all.

But seriously, listen to this man's advice. I give everyone a hard time, it's not just you.
                                Last edited by MommysLittleMonster; 04-25-2013, 08:15 AM.
                                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                                Originally posted by Ollie
                                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Working...
                                X