some static "dutch" love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some static "dutch" love

Yeah, so this is my "build" nothing big just giving my dear volvo some freshness, oh yeah, the title says dutch, not swedish. Well if you don´t know why you should not probably care.
    So i am going to let the picture speak in this thread, i will update this whenever i make some bigger changes.

Oh yeah in case I forgot to tell you, it's a volvo s40 -97 1,8l
    I bought it of a dealership that got it from the original owner and with barely any rust on it (except for the über rusted hood) and with only 150000km on the meter it was a good deal.

So this is the car as I bought it:
    Kinda lame, but you got to love the sun-bleached "black" trims.

Yeah so I did this. Yes, yes I am a cool kid.
    And as you might notice in the thread this is infact a low budget build

And so within about two months having my license I bought some used borbets for it.

Borbet E 16x7,5, and the new cheap tires 205/45

Cut the front springs so it wouldn't look hideous and after driving it with happiness for a week the winter rushed upon us here in Finland and the first snow fell. I got a bit depressed because that meant the borbets needed to go.

So here is a pic before the snow fell, its a bit dirty because it was fall and a bit muddy.

And one from the day I got depressed:

Well the least I could do before taking away the goodness was giving it a good bath and snap some pictures.

And then it was time to "update" to wintermode:

Dat fitment

Let me tell you a secret (it is snow) and don't mind the minty hubcaps

Some stickers:

And as spring showed itself around the corner i ordered some coilovers from fk

And as i dropped it down this is how it sits in the rear:

And in the front it is pretty high still, as before, don't have any pics thought.
    I'm not rushing in to slamming it becouse of the rough terrain right now and that the winter wheels still are on, but within the week I will put the borbets on and slamm it properly! Until that have a sunny picture

Please tell me what you think and share some ideas and stay tuned if you're interested!

Needs to go much lower. I love the body style though.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Panda View Post
      Needs to go much lower. I love the body style though.
      Yeah, i will take it down as much as i can with the fk´s as soon as i put the borbets back on, and thanks!

Comment

Borbets on!

Here is the pictures i promised you with the borbets on and more low

Rear fitment (not a good pic and dirty car but it's something)
        In need of spacers?

Front fitment
        One small problem, i only got 13mm of coils left to take it down, how to get it lower?

Please tell me what you think!

Comment

You can run a smaller spring to bring it down more. What are your wheel plans?

Comment

Helper springs shouldnt have been in from the get go.
            Originally posted by Oh, Word?
            You guys realize every time you mention his car being lower than a bagged car his penis grows one inch in girth.

Comment

Originally posted by sacrifice View Post
              You can run a smaller spring to bring it down more. What are your wheel plans?
              Ok thanks for the tip, will be looking for some! Well don't know about the weels, will have to wait and see if something nice shows up on the market, untill that i'm rocking the borbets.
              Any suggestions on what wheels would look good on this one?

Originally posted by e36rjbmw View Post
              Helper springs shouldnt have been in from the get go.

Well I don't know but I heard by a friend of mine that if I remove the helper spring and have it all the way down the coilover can crak, it happened to him, and I live on a really bad dirt road so that may be a problem.

Comment

Working...
              X