X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrM3 View Post
    damn, youre good!
    whats your best recommendation on removing weather sealant before i roll my e36 m3 rear fenders?

i love the roll and pull u did on the dakar above ^^
    thats exactly what im looking for so any advice would be rad!

Thanks man, the sealant stuff is a major pain, , there is really no easy way to remove it, i normally go at it with a
    very sharp chisel and carve it out. takes a while but its safe on paint.

The only secret in rolling and pulling is to get a nice stock looking arc to the fender lip once you're done. once the lip is rolled flat, push the lip out evenly with the roller. match the angle of the roller wheel to the angle of the fender lip and push out slowly, otherwise you'll put a curl in the lip.

Its the same for all cars but, study the shape of the fender before you start, know what kind of pull you want and work the fender slowly to get there, too many people just go crazy with the roller and hope for the best.

The e36 normally rubs most near the back by the bumper. ( kinda between the 9 o'clock to 12 o'clock postions )
    try to flair the arch more there and bring it in gradually near the front ( 3 o'clock position ). having said that, study the fender and you'll see that the top ( 12 o'clock ) will need to be the widest part of the fender when you're done.

Also, be realistic, don't be tempted to overdo it, that yellow M3 is pulled about as far as you want to go, any further and rippling the fender or even tearing it is a very real risk.

I've said it a million times, but its more art than science.

Originally posted by Mexican View Post
    Yes Tony!

nice work! when you over here next?
    whats up dude! I hope to be over for E38 and maybe Worthersee too this year, totally missed my British homies last year.

... i think you still owe me a Mexican beer
    Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• thanks a ton bro, ill def use your knowledge when I go about rolling/pulling mine hopefully next week.
      this needs a sticky!
      David

Comment

• Tone, i defo do, get over here and i'll get that on the go for you!

Originally posted by Geoff.T
        E36 owners. Take note on how its done from the Mexican or see main page.
        MexicanFabEFFSIXTWO
        Instagram:MexicanFab
        YouTube Vlog. Go watch!

Comment

• k ive been looking everywhere for a roller! the parts store in town has no idea what im on about, thinking of going to my old metal works teacher that build hot rods, i know he uses an english wheel since he builds the car, but id imagine he'd have a better idea what im on about!

have you ever worked on a Camry Coupe or Solara? basically same platform, if you have any idea how far i need to roll for a 9 wide wheel? or just to add that look to the car? how far do you think i could pull them?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Had a customer bend the tightening knob on my roller and now it wont hold the arm up, do you know where I can get a replacement part? I'm going to Lowes tomorrow to get a ghetto fix for now. And how do you go about rolling BMWs? They have that weird U shaped lip. Can they be rolled? What other rollers do you use? And what are the benefits of different brands?

Thanks for all your help so far, you better go to WestCoast Worthersee this year in August, I owe you a beer for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican View Post
              Tone, i defo do, get over here and i'll get that on the go for you!
              I'll be over this summer dude. i actually miss England...a bit

Originally posted by Stringbean View Post
              have you ever worked on a Camry Coupe or Solara? basically same platform, if you have any idea how far i need to roll for a 9 wide wheel? or just to add that look to the car? how far do you think i could pull them?

Thanks in advance.
              done a handful of Camrys and Solaras. 9s is possible depending on the offset and size of tires. getting an extra inch or so of clearance is very doable

Originally posted by XThirtySeven View Post
              Had a customer bend the tightening knob on my roller and now it wont hold the arm up, do you know where I can get a replacement part? I'm going to Lowes tomorrow to get a ghetto fix for now. And how do you go about rolling BMWs? They have that weird U shaped lip. Can they be rolled? What other rollers do you use? And what are the benefits of different brands?

Thanks for all your help so far, you better go to WestCoast Worthersee this year in August, I owe you a beer for sure.
              Yeah, the threads on the tightening wheel are not the greatest, I damaged my first one by over tightening it. Ghetto fixes always work, My whole car is sponsored by Home Depot. lol.

I have the Eastwood, JTC and Max rollers. They are all basically the same, the Max works better for lowered cars but is not the greatest design, it takes longer to set up, you need a couple of wrenches to work with it so i hardly ever use it.

Newer BMWs are much harder to roll than the older cars up to about the late 90s. They have a lot more underseal crap in the fenders and the metal is a lot stiffer. The double fold or "U shaped lip" can be rolled, but it takes practice, The principle is the same as the older cars, the job just takes way longer.

I seem to be doing more and more new BMWs due to the flood of cheap LM copies on the market right now

I'll be at Worthersee in Austria this year, and hope to be at the West Coast show too.
              Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Lucky man I grew up in Austria and used to swim in the Worthersee, how I miss those days. Thank you very much. I'll practice my BMW game and fix my roller at Lowe's tomorrow

Comment

• alright, here's some more recent stuff, camera has been acting up so havent been able to get as many pics...

Mk3 Golf, bit of a rescue mission this one, someone had tried rolling it with a bat , but managed to get the thing dumped and rolling

This one surprise me! civic with 16x9s all the around, low et too, needs a little more drop and some camber, but managed to roll and lightly pull all four corners so it drives with no rub at all.

nice LS Lexus

Just another Fox body Mustang rolling 10.5x18 with 305s

looks like XXR are having a sale must have dome ten IS Lexus cars this month with the same 18x10 XXRs.

Comment

• ever did a b6 passat?

i wanna get mine done this summer but i don't know if they roll and pulls fine

i would have called you to do it but cali to montreal canada is a long ride lol!

here's the car

don't mind the crappy pshop, i wanted to know how my new wheels will look like

Comment

• The newer VW Audi stuff is a little different to a lot of cars, there's no fender lip on the rear, so your only option is to pull the fender. Its doable, but you have to be careful not to overdo it,
                      The front can be done very nicely, rolled and pulled cleanly.

Comment

• Hi, Mr. Toni! Miss you buddy!
                        Bernie M Chacon III
                        www.dub-Nation.com ~ for the love of the veedub.

OKTOBERFEST 2012 October 5th-6th-7th BOOK YOUR PARTY ROOM! (While they last!!!) (909) 866-3121 | ProjektMK6 | "Like" Us

Comment

• Hey thanks for the great job Tony! 18x12's here I come! haha

Comment

• Originally posted by dub-Nation View Post
                            Hi, Mr. Toni! Miss you buddy!
                            Beeeeeernie !! you are still the king of the Dub Nation

Originally posted by wagonist View Post
                            Hey thanks for the great job Tony! 18x12's here I come! haha
                            Thanks man, that benz is the coolest wagon i've seen in forever

heres a couple recent interesting jobs.

not many people tackle the huge MBZs, working on this one at the moment, low is still being sorted, but it'll be static and sparking the streets soon, couple of spy shots right after the fender roll and pull ( OK i know the car needs a major detail, forgive the greasy handprints lol )

anyone guess what car this is? only work on one or two of these each year. this one is sweet. cheap wheels, but its all about the fitment.
                            rolled and pulled

Comment

• first gen rx7?
                              I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

• yes sir.

love me some old skool J tin.

Comment

Working...
                                X