No announcement yet.

Vanilla Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while since I've made an update but a few things has happen with the build. Some good some bad but still a progress has been done.

Removed the steering rack to depower it.

Not the wrong way

The right way

Welded, sanded, and painted but all credit goes to Jake's Car Care.

After my Nardi and NRG Quick Release came in, I decided it was time to put back the interior.

Love my interior. Wanted to have a nice OEM look to it and I think I achieved that. Also removed foam from the seat and removed the rust from the bracket and painted it.

Next came some engine work. Here I stripped the engine until it came down to working under the head. Had to stop because I was running out of money. Basically replaced every single seal and gasket except for the head gasket

DSC_0943 by Derrick Michel, on Flickr

While working on the engine, she sat outside for a few nights and looked like this. Thought this was pretty cool

Anyway, It was time to get the engine and trans in

and my ghetto jack adapters since I couldn't jack it from the differential before the engine went in haha

With the help of my girlfriend, we were able to get it in..... the engine that is

She's so awesome and loved working on the miata that she pieced my GV lip together for me while I working on a few other things

Cool girl

I went ahead and pieced the fenders and rear lip while the GV lip was being done.

Finally it was time to install my coilovers made by PowerTrix. Adjusting the ride height on these are super easy and quick which was a huge plus on these.

Top-hats were looking sexy too.

Moving forward and onto the bad news.

Trying to find out why I couldn't get spark, I decided to put an object in between the throttle to keep it open and from flooding from all the troubleshooting when trying to fire up the engine. After getting spark, I went ahead and plug my spark plugs in and fired her up, but forgot to take the object out which was keeping the throttle open.... fucked up. It ran for only a second on full throttle but that was enough to do damage.

Anyway, it knock like midgets having sex and so screwed. I was bummed but I had to learn that somehow.

Here's a video.

I **** watching that video
    Last edited by Drock30; 05-04-2012, 04:32 PM.
    @Instagram: derrick_michel

:: Derrick

Comment

Sub'd for the awesome in here.

Comment

Didn't want to reveal these just yet but I did get some Epsilon Mesh wheels awhile back. They are currently 14x7 but I did order lips and barrels to have them become 14x10 all around. I've been waiting for 7 weeks now for them.... I want them so bad it sucks to just wait.

Hopefully I'll have some more content soon.

Comment

im buying a miata this weekend and have similar plans because i live in new england -__- fucking rust..anyway whattd you pay for coilovers?good luck with thie build

Comment

I wanna see it all suited up on wheels.

Comment

Finally, I received my barrels and lips and I am pleased... except for the fact that the faces do not fit into the lip. I'm going to have to mill the faces slightly to get them to fit.

The newer lip is the one on the right. Notice how deep it goes.

And this is how the face fits on top of the lip.

I'm currently looking for a reputable wheel milling company in NJ to get this done. Here's a look at what it will look like when the wheel are together.

And good news. She finally made it out side all by itself!

2 problems though. The depowered rack is hard as hell to turn. May have too much caster which causes harder steering on a manual rack.

Also, after I installed the OEM exhaust, it smokes up where the down pipe connects to the manifold. Anyone thoughts on this? Maybe a new gasket will fix this?

Ohhhh and for fun and games 14x10.5 ET -6 Blk/Blk with 4inch lip.
              Kinda feeling it.

Comment

man this thread is awesome

Comment

I'm kinda feeling it too

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Damn i wanna see this done!!
                    Instagram @wickedweiss

Fix your sig pic size cunt. <3 Ox.

Comment

Awesome stuff
                      I dislike Byron.

Comment

Sexy. I love the attention to detail. Very nice.
                        - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Stick with the black on black. looks great.

Comment

Test fitted the face and the potential 4" lip together to check for any potential issues with fitment.

Rear Shot:

Front Shot:

Personally, I think they'll fit with some fender work but nothing extreme. I'm wont be pulling my fenders to all hell. I'm looking for a smooth roll and pull that won't ruin her body lines.

Anyway, I'll be stripping the lips and polishing them as well as the face.

Comment

feeling the book stack jackstands haha. Throw flares on it, its easier than going for extreme pulls and gives you perfect arches with more clearance

Comment

We'll see how I get these fitted first. If fenders flares are a must than i'll get them and I already know which one's I would get

Comment

Working...
                                X