No announcement yet.

old school muscle car wheels stanced??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old school muscle car wheels stanced??

hey whatsup big time n00b here. i was sittin here wondering if anyone has put 60s-70s style muscle car rims on something with stance. iv heard of 80s vette wheels and widened steelies but never cragars or old mustang magnum500s. theres plenty of them around for cheap in all kinds of sizes with huge lips.

cragar ss

chrysler style rally wheels

mustang magnum500

chevy style pickup
    Last edited by iWishiwasFlush; 04-17-2010, 10:38 PM.

I havent personally seen it but I would think you would have to have the perfect look to pull it off. It probly wouldnt be easy but if done properly could look really good.
    3000GT-Clean daily project.

Comment

On an old muscle car, it would be the bee's knees.

Comment

I plan on stancing my 1972 Formula 400 Firebird. Probably some 17 or 18" Torq Thrusts.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

sickk def post some pics. my first car was a brown 72 firebird with a 350 that i really regret selling for 1500 bucks. it was far from stanced lol

Comment

Originally posted by iWishiwasFlush View Post
            sickk def post some pics. my first car was a brown 72 firebird with a 350 that i really regret selling for 1500 bucks. it was far from stanced lol
            It won't be for a long while. The car needs a motor, and I still have almost 5k in work to do to the E28.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

I think about it often. Its gotta be the right body style like a 71 Charger or Challenger or something but it could work.

Besides, Hot roders and Rat roders often rolled on wider than stock wheels and started the whole stretched tire thing way back in the day! But they put lots of effort to radius the fenders and what not,.. sometimes even cutting the outside arch and raising it higher. You would often end up with a lot of tuck with the way lots of Muscle car fenders are arched on the outside if you wanna go low.

This Camaro is a good example tho.

Not the wheels you mentioned but hey,... you get it right?
              Last edited by Lux; 04-18-2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I've been tossing the idea around on running some chevy truck rally wheels for winter on my e30. I've already got the adapters for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lux View Post
                  I think about it often. Its gotta be the right body style like a 71 Charger or Challenger or something but it could work.

Besides, Hot roders and Rat roders often rolled on wider than stock wheels and started the whole stretched tire thing way back in the day! But they put lots of effort to radius the fenders and what not,.. sometimes even cutting the outside arch and raising it higher. You would often end up with a lot of tuck with the way lots of Muscle car fenders are arched on the outside if you wanna go low.

yea iv seen plenty of muscle cars with decent stance but i was talkin about older style wheels on new cars. the magnum wheels have an old vw feel i think they would look sick on an mk2 golf with some wide lips. or maybe the cragars on a e34-e39 beamer

Comment

i see what your sayin
                    One day I will stance, right now I'm
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iWishiwasFlush View Post
                      yea iv seen plenty of muscle cars with decent stance but i was talkin about older style wheels on new cars. the magnum wheels have an old vw feel i think they would look sick on an mk2 golf with some wide lips. or maybe the cragars on a e34-e39 beamer
                      Ok, I thought you might be going that rout but post #4 confused me.

I dont know. I think Cragar Mags would look like ass, never did like those, but some others might look nice. But in most cases they would look a lot like wide steelies.

And the Magnums look like Hayashis, sort of.

I even saw baby moons on VWs so Im not seeing it as a new idea but in some cases that I have seen so far it CAN look good with the right wheel and car just like any set up.

Comment

i love cragar/torq thrust style wheels on muscle cars its just a classic design that is been copied a million times. i think Work makes a wheel thats similar. hell, even mercedes had a stock torq thrust style wheel recently.

never heard of hayashi's. forgive my n00bness lol. i was thinkin the magnums look sort of like porsche style fuchs wheels. i have seen the baby moons on all different kinds of cars from pt cruisers to rat style vw's but i dont really consider them "muscle car" thats more 50s style cruiser.

..i wish i was rich so i could try these out for myself instead of just talkin about it haha

Comment

if you pick up a muscle magazine (cars, not the ones about weightlifting) and flip to the back where the ads are, there is a company that makes custom rallies to your specs. worth it if you want something nice outside of the regular.

vagina, it's what's for dinner.

Comment

this is hard because most of these dont go much bigger than 15s and most of them need adapters anyway.

Comment

that classic 5 spoke is badass .....so classic ....would look great on one of the new challengers

Comment

Working...
                              X