I **** grey cars, so I bought another one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I **** grey cars, so I bought another one

As was clear from the title, I bought another grey car (the second grey E21 btw). I almost made my heart on it and I was trying to cure myself with others “monkeys”, but you know your friends are here for wake them up:

The car came to me in this state:

Of course the first thing was to ditch those ugly wheels and side light:

New garage new problems:

Obviously everything was going too well, so I had to buy a new carburetor and rebuild the distributor

Of course after just finished all this the alternator shit itself:

Finally, after 8 months, I can drive it, so I did my first show with my friends:

(they’re available as models, DM for info)

Annual MOT (almost not passed)

Christmas present from my parents:

Recaro v1.0

Delete those ugly side markes

Remade the Recaro’s mount, much lower and much better

Made a trip up in mountain to drive and eat Pizzocheri with my friends

In the meantime I finally decided and bought some coilovers (I was waiting for H&R to release the P&P system, but I’m glad I didn’t waiting more…)

So I called my favourite welder and in one very hot sunday we made that happen (well, he did most of the job)

(You may recognise him, he’s here with a nice E36 that sound like a fart-canned Honda…)

Anyway, the result is pretty disapointing, is a great coilovers don’t get me wrong, but the car is high as fuck…

And after 3 wrong hub, I finally managed to mount my favourite wheels ever

Did a custom wood booth floor because the car never came with the original one

And went to the best meeting ever!

Part 2:

After all of that I did some boring maintenance and go out for a spin

Ah and bought some new wheels

Put some fat tires on those wheels

And the result was pretty good

Did another rip with my friends

("Rip" is always an excuse to go out and eat with them)

And this all for now, my last 3 and half years summed in 2 post, I hope that you like this POS, more to come in the (not so near) future.

PS:

#littlewheelsclub is the only way (daily on the left)

Comment

nice car! pizzoccheri della valtellina is the best thing you can eat in the world! ahahah
      nice brab's on the merc too!

Comment

My e36 doesn't sound like a ricer honda anymore, bitch

You know I love this turd on them tiny wheels, just needs more lowness

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Absolutely love e21s. I would look into one of those lower air dams and a single headlight conversion, twould be sweet

Comment

banger of an update! Love the new wheels and fatty rubber!

Comment

Love this one, sucks the coils dont go low. Love it on the tiny wheels.
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by mosieurfran View Post
                nice car! pizzoccheri della valtellina is the best thing you can eat in the world! ahahah
                nice brab's on the merc too!
                You know it! That Merc it looks amazing live, unfortunately some days later this photo he had an uncounter with some law enforcement... RIP

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                My e36 doesn't sound like a ricer honda anymore, bitch

You know I love this turd on them tiny wheels, just needs more lowness
                Finally, we cry everytime you put your foot down

Anyway thanks man, half of the credits are for you!

Originally posted by Beemernut View Post
                Absolutely love e21s. I would look into one of those lower air dams and a single headlight conversion, twould be sweet
                Thanks man! And those things never gonna happen, not my style.

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                banger of an update! Love the new wheels and fatty rubber!
                Thanks man! Those things are the best part of the car

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                Love this one, sucks the coils dont go low. Love it on the tiny wheels.
                Thanks man! Yeah it sucks, but we're working on it!

Comment

Small update, just for let you know it's still alive (even if I thought of let it burn a couple of times)

I bought some new spindles so I can go lower at the front, but they looks like they spends most of their life under the sea...

The same guy was selling a nice instrumentation for a steal, but unfortunately his mum was a bitch, so he shipped both in the same package...

He had tha face to tell that was my fault for not explain better that I wanted a better package...

Next time I'll go to Belgium I'm stop by for thanks him...

Next thing: my friend recently changed is rear shocks for a shorter ones, I test them:

Unfortunately they're a different thread since mine (they're from a MX5 NB), who knew BC change the thread pattern from a model to another!

Anyway I still battle everytime for finding the problem that chase me since the day I bought the car. I changed pretty much everything engine related in the engine bay, but still the car run like shit.

Honestly I thought hard and I think I'm gonna swap it, so if anyone have any information about swapping a M20B25 from a E30 let me know, I'm really pissed and down right now...

Anyway, the sad moment is ended, I left you some photo that my good friend took one weekend this summer.
                  See ya.

Comment

Pics are awesome .... The first one is my favorite!
                    Sorry to hear about not being able to solve the problem. Maybe I could help if you list all the things you changed and the behavior before and after (if any difference).
                    Knowing that you already have the m20 in the bay, minus EFi, swapping in a late model m20, be it b20,b23,b25 will be relatively easier than going from m10 to m20. Just make sure you don't get an early model with the crank position sensor in the trans bell, try to source one from a post '87 e30 or an e34.
                    Basically the hardest thing is the fuel return line. You need to route it correctly and check if your tank will accept it. If not - you need to figure out a way to solve it. In our case we were lucky to start with a 323 shell, so it was readily available and I don't know what exactly is involved on this end. I can ask my more informed buddy and post another reply later.
                    Otherwise, you need to splice the engine harness with the chassis harness. Yours should have the square connector in your car, even if yours is carbed there still is some wiring. What I'd recommend is remove the square connector from the chassis harness and replace it with the late e30 style C101 connector. You will make your life easier for the future, if you swap harnesses or even swap in a different bmw engine. I think you will need to add some fuses for powering up the fuel pump and O2 sensor relays.
                    You need to relocate the battery to the trunk, an e30 cable works fine, you need to figure out how to make it not move and where to put the ground strap.
                    Radiator from a 325e fits perfectly, same model water pump, expansion tank and water hoses. IIRC the top and bottom hoses need a tiny bit of shortening to smooth out the kinks due to some tighter clearances in the e21 as opposed to e30s.
                    Basically that's it. Use your own motor mounts, your own flywheel and clutch assembly if they are good, and the existing transmission, shifter and driveshaft.
                    I'll try to find my buddies notes from when he swapped his, but again - he started with a 323i shell, so the return fuel line and fuel system was readily available.
                    In the meantime, you may find this board very useful too.

"You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

Love it on the tiny wheels!

Comment

I also bought parts that came from under the sea, very nice.

Can't you swap the broken Speedometer Cluster plastic from your old cluster?

Love all of the pictures. Car really does look incredible on the wheels and chubby tires.

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                          Pics are awesome .... The first one is my favorite!
                          Sorry to hear about not being able to solve the problem. Maybe I could help if you list all the things you changed and the behavior before and after (if any difference).
                          Knowing that you already have the m20 in the bay, minus EFi, swapping in a late model m20, be it b20,b23,b25 will be relatively easier than going from m10 to m20. Just make sure you don't get an early model with the crank position sensor in the trans bell, try to source one from a post '87 e30 or an e34.
                          Basically the hardest thing is the fuel return line. You need to route it correctly and check if your tank will accept it. If not - you need to figure out a way to solve it. In our case we were lucky to start with a 323 shell, so it was readily available and I don't know what exactly is involved on this end. I can ask my more informed buddy and post another reply later.
                          Otherwise, you need to splice the engine harness with the chassis harness. Yours should have the square connector in your car, even if yours is carbed there still is some wiring. What I'd recommend is remove the square connector from the chassis harness and replace it with the late e30 style C101 connector. You will make your life easier for the future, if you swap harnesses or even swap in a different bmw engine. I think you will need to add some fuses for powering up the fuel pump and O2 sensor relays.
                          You need to relocate the battery to the trunk, an e30 cable works fine, you need to figure out how to make it not move and where to put the ground strap.
                          Radiator from a 325e fits perfectly, same model water pump, expansion tank and water hoses. IIRC the top and bottom hoses need a tiny bit of shortening to smooth out the kinks due to some tighter clearances in the e21 as opposed to e30s.
                          Basically that's it. Use your own motor mounts, your own flywheel and clutch assembly if they are good, and the existing transmission, shifter and driveshaft.
                          I'll try to find my buddies notes from when he swapped his, but again - he started with a 323i shell, so the return fuel line and fuel system was readily available.
                          In the meantime, you may find this board very useful too.

http://www.todor.info/repair/e21swap/
                          You're the man! Some much info, I'm almost overwhelmed!
                          I'm gonna save that link and read it at home tonight.
                          For the fuel system I can make it, but you think is easier if I found a 323 tank?
                          Anyway at this point I changed: carburetor, distributor (and all associated), spark plugs of course, every fuel/vacumm line in the engine, the coilpack and I have in the trunk a new set of spark plugs and cables that I have to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Asshole Bicycle View Post
                            Love it on the tiny wheels!
                            Thanks man!

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                            I also bought parts that came from under the sea, very nice.

Can't you swap the broken Speedometer Cluster plastic from your old cluster?

Love all of the pictures. Car really does look incredible on the wheels and chubby tires.
                            Yeah, but the new one was new, my old was has some scratches, but at this point I'm gonna reuse the old one.

Thanks man, I love this setup, I'm (almost) bought this car for doing this kinda "small wheels meaty tires" thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X