No announcement yet.

Aussie P.O.S. R31 Skyline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay guys I have won the auction for the pink pair of sa3's ! My dad actually won it for me, as it's a gift for rewiring his house while he gets it renovated lucky him because no one else bid and we won it for $50 !, I really got to start charging him...
    Still, sight unseen so they could be totally fucked haha

Here they are again for memories sake

BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Nice work mate. Very interested in seeing this all come together.
      IG: @sebastienaudeon
      1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
      *pats Sebs head*
      there there.
      keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
        Nice work mate. Very interested in seeing this all come together.
        Cheers mate
        Me too! ha
        BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

okay so I bought some nuts & bolts to replace the worn out old crappy ones on the equip 05's,
          problem is because here in Australia the chances of finding M7 bolts is all but impossible I bought M8 bolts...
          I think drilling the holes in the lips centers and barrels out by 1mm will be no problem at all, as long as i keep it all perfectly vertical in the drill press..
          whats everyone's thoughts?
          I seriously cant justify spending $300 on bolts,

here is a few photos
          the nuts will also be stainless.. I was in a rush and forgot to mention it.

I have a feeling everyone will be sending me **** mail about ruining wheels?

thanks for your input !
          BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

aye man....you gotta do what you gotta do..they ain't rotas but you already know that. just make sure you keep it lined up and i think you'll be fine. but im not a purist, and thats just my opinion

Comment

thanks man I'm thinking along the same lines

I wouldn't even hesitate is they were cheepies but as they are not i just wanna get the correct info, if someone who really knows wheels could comment id be super happy to listen,

I actually really like the look of the ss Allen key bolt too.
              BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Keep the updates coming OP!

Comment

Originally posted by electricalbox View Post
                  Keep the updates coming OP!
                  thanks bro

ill try !
                  BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

I'm not worried about the head of the bolts i think they will look good..
                    here is a test shot

I was worried about the size of the nut as it seems about twice as large as the M7 nut, which baffles me why but anyway here is how it looks..

my only problem is that it doesn't sit 100% flat as it sits on the inside arc of the corner, bit of a problem me thinks.

I might have to get nuts that aren't flared and put all my faith in the lock tight...
                    what do you guys think ?
                    BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

sorry for the gross wheels!!
                      BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by MattHatCat View Post
                        I'm not worried about the head of the bolts i think they will look good..
                        here is a test shot

I was worried about the size of the nut as it seems about twice as large as the M7 nut, which baffles me why but anyway here is how it looks..

my only problem is that it doesn't sit 100% flat as it sits on the inside arc of the corner, bit of a problem me thinks.

I might have to get nuts that aren't flared and put all my faith in the lock tight...
                        what do you guys think ?
                        Is there anyway you could refinish the original bolts?

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

yeah i probably could... I'm half way though building a tumbler to get the bolts to a good raw finish then i could polish them up again but then they would rust a lot. i like the idea of ss bolts. idk i guess i could try the old bolts and see how well they come up.
                          BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Personally I'd spend the money on new, correct nuts and bolts(they can be had for less than $300)....or clean the originals and have them chromed if you're worried about rusting. You've already pointed out a few problems, drilling(what a massive effort on 4 wheels) and I'd be a bit iffy doing it even though it's probably fine, nuts not sitting flat.....and again this is just me personally, but those bolt heads don't look right on too many wheels. It'll look like you tight arsed it I reckon.

Comment

I should also say that you've done well on the wheels so far, that lip looks great! Choosing colours is hard, but go with your gut and don't do anything too faddish. Building wheels is fun and when they're finished it's really satisfying to see them all done.

Comment

thanks mate
                                I think I'll see how some nylocs sit, compared to the flared nuts.

I'll be finishing my tumbler in a few months after i move house, so ill see how re finishing the originals go..

I know I'll probably look like a tight arse but to be fair I am haha!

I might just end up keeping these off the car until I'm finished my apprenticeship then i can ship them off to barrel bro's or something to get refinished, not really my initial plan but i have a full set of SA3's now so maybe..
                                but then again, I like doing shit myself though and I don't want wheels to become to Precious to do shit to myself, and use ..
                                idk lol
                                im very 'up in the air' at the moment!

thanks for commenting mate, where about are you located?
                                BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X