Clear All

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    But how do they turn?
    i dont see how it would affect turning

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
      i dont see how it would affect turning
      That's what I was thinking, only thing it would really do, is make the steering effort a little higher maybe.

And as far as these things are concerned, not my style by any means, but I'm kind of a function and form if not function>form kinda guy ya know...

Either way, some clean examples of these style cars in this thread.
      Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
      Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

Not a fan.
        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

I don't see brakes either in that "how it's done" pic. How do they solve the stress on th CV?

edit: guessing those are drums now. been a while since I've owned a car with them
          Last edited by exexpat; 12-10-2010, 02:01 AM.
          My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

Originally posted by exexpat View Post
            I don't see brakes either in that "how it's done" pic. How do they solve the stress on th CV?

edit: guessing those are drums now. been a while since I've owned a car with them
            thats what im wondering, are they dropping the diffs lower to cause a bit of relief on cv's?

front or rear power i want to see more pictures damn wizards and witches

Comment

excessive?

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
              Things made of metal can be remade, but flesh and bone cannot be replicated. Not even by Rota.
              Originally posted by Kielan
              VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.
              ///stanceworks\\\

Comment

I agree that it's crazy and pointless but I think it looks badass. I'd do it to a car if I was a millionaire and owned like 20 cars

Comment

Would this handle like you're ice-skating?
                  Owning an Alfa Romeo is like having a supermodel as a girlfriend. Yes, she is a bit stupid. Yes, she is expensive but fuck it! She is soo damn HOT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oloniccolo View Post
                    Ridiculous camber, VIP, bippu, Japan, camber, MX6, mazda, projectcartv

Comment

I like it looks proper gay. 3rd pic down is alright though.

Comment

Originally posted by Coops90 View Post
                        I like it looks proper gay. 3rd pic down is alright though.
                        So its not all gay then

I have been contemplating this style for quite a while....
                        Originally posted by anth
                        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

id love to see more pics of the axle setups tho, i just dont understand how it works
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by exexpat View Post
                            How do they solve the stress on th CV?
                            Originally posted by EtownC View Post
                            thats what im wondering, are they dropping the diffs lower to cause a bit of relief on cv's?
                            I've been curious about the same. To some extent, the slammed ride would help the outer CV's right? When slammed our axles are angled up a great deal which causes stress on the CV due to the angle. If I'm envisioning things right, a great deal of camber would actually help that issue?? Am I seeing this right?

It's too early to do detailed drawings, but you get the point. Pink CV and Axle. Obviously the effects are a little exaggerated to illustrate my point.The little yellow stars points out where there's original binding from our slammed ride heights.

Last edited by Rally; 12-10-2010, 07:45 AM.

Comment

I usually felt this whole idea was stupid, but setups like this have been slowly growing on me.

Driving with extreme camber in rain totally sucks though.

Comment

RC Version

Comment

Working...
                                X