Detour!!

lol jk

How e30's achieve superior cut off haha

vs.

Phase 2: High beams

Painted them at some point

It was a little bit too bright outside and the lights were on lol

Originally posted by DragginWagon
    Some people aren't fortunate enough to be able to strip our cars completely and send them off to get restored. So we make due and make one hell of a unique vehicle.

Comment

Current Events

Now that all that is out of the way, lets get on with current events. I promise updates will be a little more consistant and "as they come"

Now is time for your participation lol

First off, I found these for 20 bucks :

Full set of early model mudflaps with no mounting hardware and the passenger side front is ripped.

How have you guys mounted these? I hear the factory method involves crappy clips...

Some of you have also seen my thread where I test fitted these AC Schnitzer reps

17x8.5

Fitment

Rears not compressed all the way

Working on them, currently sanding the lips down.

My buddy came through on some used Continentals!

215/45/17

During the test fit I noticed my spring was in upside down... Could this be why my car always squeaks on this corner? Every little bump sounds like a chick chirping

Probably just need new bushings...

Anyway that's my last update until I actually do something
      Some people aren't fortunate enough to be able to strip our cars completely and send them off to get restored. So we make due and make one hell of a unique vehicle.

Comment

Nice work man can't wait to see the Finish. (They are never finished)

Comment

needs more low! but damn.. you worked damn hard. respect

Comment

Nice thread man, good progress. A couple things..

- I wouldn't reuse your old cooling components after you ran it with a blown headgasket

- Are you sure those are ACS reps? I'm not aware of any 3 piece reps.

- Yes, your spring upside down can definitely cause noise. They need to be seated perfectly for sure
            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Good stuff man! Any as they come updates?
              ///M3

Comment

Originally posted by jalbitre72 View Post
                Nice work man can't wait to see the Finish. (They are never finished)
                So true!

Originally posted by justaneffer View Post
                needs more low! but damn.. you worked damn hard. respect
                Thanks man! And I hope to get on coils if I keep it

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                Nice thread man, good progress. A couple things..

- I wouldn't reuse your old cooling components after you ran it with a blown headgasket

I cleaned them out best I could, I only reused the water pump and hoses. The new radiator is holding engine temperatures below half way even in this heat so should be fine for now I hope

- Are you sure those are ACS reps? I'm not aware of any 3 piece reps.

Pretty sure, they say Nicole on the back instead of O.Z.

- Yes, your spring upside down can definitely cause noise. They need to be seated perfectly for sure

Looks like the top nut was loose causing the squeaking noise but I'll still turn them over the right way; thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pedobear View Post
                  Good stuff man! Any as they come updates?
                  I've been busy with school and went on a roadtrip, didn't get to update plus I didn't do much until the last 2 weeks :P

But here's some updates

Been thinking about selling the car actually, I want to get in to a w124, 400e/e420 so the car will most likely be up for sale soon :/

I did solve an idle and hard-start issue, just need to button up some vacuum leaks and she will be golden

Thinking about spray painting since I am currently still jobless so I sanded and sprayed a portion of my spare trunk to see if I liked the color

Satin Burgundy sprayed over 220 grit... Not a good idea; I wasn't thinking straight

Wet sanded on the left

Masked

Looks ok from far but really a terrible finish. I'll try again with 600 grit

Also Re-did my shadowline . Only had one side done in plastidip but it stared chipping and flaking so tackled it yesterday morning

Paint

Before

After (needed to mask it off better)

I was supposed to drive it to L.A. but it decided it would rather not run right so ditched it at a friend's house and went in his miata lol

That's about it

Also the reason I want a Benz: My buddy's 348hp 500e

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exVXFy5nxD4&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exVXFy5nxD4&feature=plcp[/ame]
                  Last edited by low-eta5; 08-22-2012, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Yo this is going to be soooo beast! i love your doin your own work too. DuWerk!!!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                      Yo this is going to be soooo beast! i love your doin your own work too. DuWerk!!!
                      haha thanks for the props man

Comment

Dont sell the car! Youre devoted, you gotta finish her!!!

Comment

Great progress so far, keep up the good work man.

1991 E30 Sedan - Build Thread

Comment

Very cool and great progress. My main issue.... Why did it take so long for you to tuck those bumpers haha
                            My '66 C10 Build
                            My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Originally posted by foxster View Post
                              Dont sell the car! Youre devoted, you gotta finish her!!!
                              haha I need funds!! Looking back at the mock up of the wheels is lightly motivating though... And I did find a 400e for $900

Originally posted by ecuastyle84 View Post
                              Great progress so far, keep up the good work man.
                              Thanks!

Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
                              Very cool and great progress. My main issue.... Why did it take so long for you to tuck those bumpers haha
                              haha thanks man and honestly, I don't know!

Anybody know anything about vinyl wrap? My friend just got a roll of burnt orange wrap for $125; might just try out my self

Comment

Love this thread! subbed!

Its allowed to stop by my threads and say hi!

STANCE|INTHEWORKS

Comment

Working...
                                X