The help private_numero find a new car thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That front end omg.

Can someone school me on what needs to be done, what I should look out for and what things I should upgrade if I run a turbo safely?

Comment

Depends what the car is going to be used for.

Comment

just dosing it daily bro.
        S I N G L E | W O R K S - Loneliness is a Lifestyle

Comment

Trying to post this video iunno if it will work but......

Derrr. ^

Comment

Originally posted by private_numero View Post
            That front end omg.

Can someone school me on what needs to be done, what I should look out for and what things I should upgrade if I run a turbo safely?
            Would be a big job to turbo, but can be done.

For example:

If you go local, APS Performance do a Twin Turbo kit for the VQ35DE:

This domain name is for sale! Contact us now to acquire this great brand name.

Lower the compression ratio / new ecu.

Turbo kit which includes the turbos / pod filters / intake piping / front mount intercooler / exhaust manifolds / BOV.

Then you'd need a full 3" exhaust.

Fueling system will have to looked at, so depending on how much boost you want to run will depend on what fuel injectors / pump you would need.

If it's not much boost, you could run with the stock fueling system setup before they max out.

Then you gotta tune it.

Since the car will be running more power, you will have to consider your clutch and brakes.

Gearbox should be able to handle it.

And I know you will have your suspension / wheels / tyre mods sorted

Comment

Mercedes-Benz CLS (old model) would look great fitted out and on air (500 may have airbags already?? as E500 did and it was the same platform IIRC)) and is hovering around the $50k mark for a 350 and low 50's for a 500.

Comment

Trying to stay away from euro brother! Just simply because i cant justify the maintanence costs with it all. Either way, they do look sexy

Originally posted by (OO)SKYLINE(OO) View Post
                Would be a big job to turbo, but can be done.

For example:

If you go local, APS Performance do a Twin Turbo kit for the VQ35DE:

This domain name is for sale! Contact us now to acquire this great brand name.

Lower the compression ratio / new ecu.

Turbo kit which includes the turbos / pod filters / intake piping / front mount intercooler / exhaust manifolds / BOV.

Then you'd need a full 3" exhaust.

Fueling system will have to looked at, so depending on how much boost you want to run will depend on what fuel injectors / pump you would need.

If it's not much boost, you could run with the stock fueling system setup before they max out.

Then you gotta tune it.

Since the car will be running more power, you will have to consider your clutch and brakes.

Gearbox should be able to handle it.

And I know you will have your suspension / wheels / tyre mods sorted
                Hey man! Yeah was looking into that the other week. Would be really interesting. Problem is the V series skylines sound like asssssssssssss when turboed. NO idea why. Probably wont stop me anyway. But no matter what i get it will have Forced Induction as one of the first sort of major mods.

If anyone is gonna build a turbo or something soon, let me know. Keen to watch and help out with the process

Comment

Problem is the V series skylines sound like asssssssssssss when turboed. NO idea why.
                  Serious? I never knew that, they sound so good when N/A, especially with long-tube exhaust manifolds...

I dunno how to embed Youtube but check this out...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU2h0JTq2fk"]SG Motorsport Longtube Racecar Development - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ap9jzeHMCY"]SG-Motorsport Longtubes - YouTube[/ame]

edit: I guess it embeds on it's own

Comment

Trying to stay away from euro brother! Just simply because i cant justify the maintanence costs with it all. Either way, they do look sexy

Hey man! Yeah was looking into that the other week. Would be really interesting. Problem is the V series skylines sound like asssssssssssss when turboed. NO idea why. Probably wont stop me anyway. But no matter what i get it will have Forced Induction as one of the first sort of major mods.

If anyone is gonna build a turbo or something soon, let me know. Keen to watch and help out with the process
                    Well it's not Straight 6

But yeah, they have a different exhaust note and from what anth posted, they sound kinda mental.

So you can go down the path of turbo'ing a V35 or buy a car already turbo'd...

Comment

Working...
                    X