Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only person dealing with this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only person dealing with this??

So I know that this question isn't entirely supposed to be planted here, but I couldn't create a new thread on the tires and brakes section so I'm turning here. I apologize if this gives anybody a pantie bunch but I didn't know where else to go.

I'm trying to decipher the numbers and letters on the sidewall on the tires of my truck-to see how less or more I can go- and the numbers aren't like the usual read of say perhaps:

225/40/18

Instead, the numbers read on the sidewall as such;

27/8.50/R14

And what my problem is is that I can't really compare those numbers to anything aftermarket to see what exactly I want to install..simply because the digits don't match in length... what do I do? or am I reading everything wrong? thanks yet again.. keep stancing

Originally posted by AKToyotaluv View Post
    So I know that this question isn't entirely supposed to be planted here, but I couldn't create a new thread on the tires and brakes section so I'm turning here. I apologize if this gives anybody a pantie bunch but I didn't know where else to go.

I'm trying to decipher the numbers and letters on the sidewall on the tires of my truck-to see how less or more I can go- and the numbers aren't like the usual read of say perhaps:

225/40/18

Instead, the numbers read on the sidewall as such;

27/8.50/R14

And what my problem is is that I can't really compare those numbers to anything aftermarket to see what exactly I want to install..simply because the digits don't match in length... what do I do? or am I reading everything wrong? thanks yet again.. keep stancing
    27/8.5/r14 means that the tire is 27 inches tall, 8.5 inches wide and (obviously) on a 14 inch wheel
    did a quick search and heres what i came up with

27/8.5/r14 is equal to a 215/75/14 tire

Comment

Working...
    X