KY Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KY Area?

Don't know how heavy the stance scene is in Louisville, but does anything go on in the area? Import Alliance is the biggest thing I've been to but that wouldn't be til summer if they have again.

Water By The Bridge is in March, and it's one hell of a Euro show. It's right on the waterfront and quality is MUCH better than IA (been to both a few times). This year will be the 5th year for WBTB, and it's on March 28th. It's generally the season opener for the car show season for people in the midwest.

Check it out at WaterByTheBridge.com and look it up on Facebook. Registration is currently open but closes the 20th, and to enter you must have a European car to enter the show. There will also be a small 'VIP' section for a small number of the best non-euro cars, but the show started VW/Audi and is sticking to Euro. Some people are getting really wound up and mad about it this year.

As for local meets and stuff, I haven't found anything worth a damn. There's a couple Facebook groups for Louisville car scene but it's a bunch of annoying kids. I don't ever go out to their meets.
    instagram : demrimz
    StatesideWheel

Comment

I made it out to WBTB last year. It was a pretty nice meet and I might go again this year. I drive a Nissan and I know it's basically a euro meet, but there were plenty of other makes there so it was cool. I just see those H2O and Canibeat videos on YouTube and wanna go to meets like that.

I also agree about the kids at local meets. The FB page barely has any action, and the other site is just a bunch of guys shitting on everything or setting up races. I don't race so I don't care. Just like to see nice clean builds.

Comment

Our local scene blows but there are a fair number of very clean local cars
        Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
        check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
          Our local scene blows but there are a fair number of very clean local cars
          I kind of get that sense too. I'll probably be going out of town a bit to see some better stance meets. Chicago and Tennessee aren't too far. It still sucks though.

Comment

Originally posted by aerhead1 View Post
            I kind of get that sense too. I'll probably be going out of town a bit to see some better stance meets. Chicago and Tennessee aren't too far. It still sucks though.
            Besides wbtb the now 2 year old show group SouthernRoots will host 3-4 shows all of which draw out some pretty clean cars from the Bowling Green, Louisville, and Cincinnati area. The ice cream cruise is usually pretty fun as well.
            Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
            check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

I did like the SouthernRoots Fall show. Something like that but bigger would be really cool here. Surgery kept me from making the Ice Cream cruise, but it looked fun.

Comment

Working...
              X