OMG it's american/c4 corvette build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubbderDucky View Post
    Looks nice man. I'd love to have a C4 ZR1.
    Originally posted by Dsscats View Post
    I don't care what anyone says, C4s are the sexiest generation of Corvette
    Zr1 was my favorite vette when I was growing up, loved it's wider track, adjustable suspension and that key to turn on full power.
    C4 is pretty nice looking, not really a crowd favorite for most people but you drive it and can't help put a smile on your face; pretty good for a dd. For most vette people the c4 is looked down upon, perhaps for its bad rep back in the day for being a gutless turd, so most just associate it with that mantra. I will admit, mine is kinda a pos, but I still like it. It is definitely a car that doesn't fit in very well anywhere, but sometimes that's what it's all about

Comment

Originally posted by peter_werks View Post
      Zr1 was my favorite vette when I was growing up, loved it's wider track, adjustable suspension and that key to turn on full power.
      C4 is pretty nice looking, not really a crowd favorite for most people but you drive it and can't help put a smile on your face; pretty good for a dd. For most vette people the c4 is looked down upon, perhaps for its bad rep back in the day for being a gutless turd, so most just associate it with that mantra. I will admit, mine is kinda a pos, but I still like it. It is definitely a car that doesn't fit in very well anywhere, but sometimes that's what it's all about
      The early C4s were known to be super slow. Once 92 came around and the LT1 was added they became what a Corvette should be.

1989 Chevy Camaro RS | 1981 Mercedes 500SE AMG

Originally posted by Skraight.
      And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

Man, that shape is so enticing. Know absolutely nothing about these sorts of cars. The gunmetal rims really set it off!

Comment

Looks great.

Changing out the steering wheel, shift knob, and seats makes the car much better. The three things I **** most about my C5.

I added some 5/8" spacers to my C5Z wheels and it makes the car look much more aggressive in a very subtle way. Running spacers on those will really make the car look good.

Comment

That dash matte looks very cheap, but the rest is beatiful, going the right way and I will subb to see where this is going.

Thank you kind sir.
            Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
            Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Massive improvement, it is looking fantastic! My dream 'vette is a C4R/C5R endurance inspired street build with big basketweaves. Love what you did to the interior, along the same line of what I envisioned. Keep up the awesome work!
              - Garrett

@mtm_garrett on Instagram

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words, but I will be putting a lot of the stuff on hold, as I will be starting the stereo in the car; the vette doesn't have one atm and it's annoying asf. I'm not sure how many people are actually interested in this kind of thing but if you are I can post up the build.
                Not a very epic build but it will be stealthy and easy to remove if need be. Being an engineer in training I might be overdoing it but w/e.

Comment

C4s just get so much shit for the TPI days (and the 84-89ish C4s kinda deserved it) but the LT1 cars were great!
                  Z32's rule! So do (surprisingly) non-leaking T-Tops

Comment

I love this, I've been thinking about dumping my '87 convertible but havnt done anything about it. And pro tip, I have the Z51, and you want the bilsteins
                    '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
                    '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
                    '01 BMW 740iL
                    Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
                      id love to see some typical VW wheel on here like bbs rs or something
                      he should have stayed with the vw sawblades
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by bennkishh View Post
                        I love this, I've been thinking about dumping my '87 convertible but havnt done anything about it. And pro tip, I have the Z51, and you want the bilsteins
                        Lowering the front is a real pain in the ass and the result won't give you a slammed look with the original spring if that's what you're after. I'm running z07 springs on the car edelbrock shocks and it's too stiff but doesn't have proper rebound stiffness. Corvette challenge alignment specs also help the car be more stable and nimbler.

Comment

I'm super excited, I finished my temporary stereo build in my vette, so now I finally have music!
                          I didn't take a lot of pics doin the build because I was rushing to finish this in less than 3 days and do a proper job, even if I was going to rip it out for a much better build later.
                          So, what I did:
                          Upgraded the alternator to a custom made 180a unit
                          All power wires and ground are 0g everywhere running to a fuse for the alternator and breaker for the stereo. The power distribution blocks disperse to the Amps with 4g nothing lower here.
                          Ripped and stripped the interior to sound deaden, undercoat, and fortify my interior plastics. No rattles here.
                          I was going to use my adire audio brahma but I want to build a different enclosure for it later so I subd it with an awesome sws 15 shallow sub.

Started laying out my false floor, I wanted everything to be attached to it so it can be moderately easy
                          Began the fiberglass work, the bottom of the box is fiberglass ed to the contour of the floor to enhance the space of the box utilizing that tiny area they call a trunk.

That little cubby added .8ft^3 to the box making it 2.2ft^3 in vol..

And now we skip forward as I don't have any pics of the wiring and deadening because it was raining and i wanted to kill myself as it was a major pia. So know we have my amp rack featuring a ppi 900.4 and concept 2400d running 3 way active for my morel mt230s and my vintage lanzar mids back from the 90s when I used to go to the factory with my dad in Canoga park. Very very good speakers, wish I could find more :/. I remember mic Fleetwood and his 7series rocking all the lanzar stuff back in the day, beautiful system. I made custom fiberglass baffles for the lanzars in the sill area but didn't take pics because it was pretty aggravating building them.
                          Gotta tuck the rcas but everything else has been

stealth was key here, so no peeping toms are gonna even know.

There's the sub with the loading board that I tuned for it making it sorta 4th order but was mainly put in place to eliminate unwanted frequencies and direct the sub to port and disperse evenly into the cabin making it less of a point source. It also prevents the hatch flexing and rattling in the hatch area.

I just finished tuning it with some additional ears and the use of pink noise and the trusty rta to see my response. And I'm happy to say it is very even, not completely flat, otherwise it would sound like butt. This system sounds very good and I am much happier with the car and even helped with weight distribution, handling, and traction being directly over the rear axle. Not too bad for a first time build by myself and I have to say I am terrified of table saws lol. I'll get some pics up of the fronts later but like I said this is all temporary until I finish this semester so I can do my line arrays in the a pillars and door pods for my mids. I also **** carpeting, worst thing in the world.
                          Last edited by peter_werks; 08-10-2014, 12:25 AM.

Comment

I really like the stealthy sub. Looks good man. I have to say I absolutely **** these cars. But i'd most certainly rock yours
                            Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Originally posted by Dsscats View Post
                              C4s just get so much shit for the TPI days (and the 84-89ish C4s kinda deserved it) but the LT1 cars were great!
                              opti-spark...

Comment

Lol damn opti... I'm having some opti problems right now. This is a cool build though bro, can't wait to see more!!
                                Youtube- Transamplaya7
                                Instag/Twitter- @AngelloCollins

Comment

Working...
                                X