No announcement yet.

Loud low and wide. BBS RS Eg Hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn son, I love that window banner haha. Where can I get one of those?
    This is foreal one of the cleanest EKs I have ever seen... and we have some clean ones here in the bay. Keep it up bro!

Comment

Originally posted by ZSTORM View Post
      Damn son, I love that window banner haha. Where can I get one of those?
      This is foreal one of the cleanest EKs I have ever seen... and we have some clean ones here in the bay. Keep it up bro!
      Thanks man! its an eg not an ek btw lol. But i got the window banner from vinyldisorder.com i made it myself
      Follow me on instagram @OH_GOSH_ITS_JOSH

Check Out my build Thread: http://69.57.171.123/forums/showthre...t=44112&page=2

Comment

Originally posted by Joshmsartin View Post
        Thanks man. and ya i dont have emmissions where i live so i dont even have a cat. i welded my exhaust straight to my downpipe for more clearance :p

Your hatch is super nice man. One of the hatches that helped motivate me on mine.
        Haha, same here (well, I have a test pipe instead of welding the 2 together). VTEC is quite an ear-opener.

And thanks! Glad I helped motivate you. Now I just need some motivation to update mine... Haha

But again, the car is looking good, and it sounds like you're on the right track to getting it perfect. Good luck with it!

Civic Build

1992 Civic VX - 1996 Miata - 1986 944 Turbo - 1988.5 Samurai - 2006 Tiburon GT

Comment

Originally posted by 06tiburonofdoom View Post
          Haha, same here (well, I have a test pipe instead of welding the 2 together). VTEC is quite an ear-opener.

And thanks! Glad I helped motivate you. Now I just need some motivation to update mine... Haha

But again, the car is looking good, and it sounds like you're on the right track to getting it perfect. Good luck with it!
          Thanks man. Im having problems with my front. the rear i have plenty of suspension travel.

The front... not so much. Im sure you had the same problem. My upper control arm is resting on my shock tower and i cut holes in the shock towers as well. I have some ideas on what to do but was curious to see what you did?

Check Out my build Thread: http://69.57.171.123/forums/showthre...t=44112&page=2

Comment

Few more shots i got tagged in on fb

Comment

So dope man, love the window banner too hahah

Comment

thanks everyone. the duckbill is a barkyard special so its not oem. and the rear fitment took forever to get fitted

i think im gonna start running the oem bumper more often. i just like to stand out and its hard to with all the honda kids nowadays
                Standing out with the OEM bumper is better than standing out with the "honda kids nowadays" Fast and Furious bumper (which is what they rock).

Keep the OEM bumper only please.
                Instagram @wickedweiss

Fix your sig pic size cunt. <3 Ox.

Comment

Originally posted by socalE320 View Post
                  So dope man, love the window banner too hahah
                  Thanks boss. your wagon is dope

Originally posted by WICKED WEISS View Post
                  Standing out with the OEM bumper is better than standing out with the "honda kids nowadays" Fast and Furious bumper (which is what they rock).

Keep the OEM bumper only please.
                  Thanks for the advice. in my opinion that bumper doesnt look ricy at all. It is basically a 99-00 si bumper on an Eg. would look super nice with an intercooler

Comment

Thanks boss. your wagon is dope

Thanks for the advice. in my opinion that bumper doesnt look ricy at all. It is basically a 99-00 si bumper on an Eg. would look super nice with an intercooler
                    Hmmm that might work. I also want to suggest it might please the eye more if you painted that lower part of it black.
                    Instagram @wickedweiss

Comment

Either way it looks good. I'd ride shotgun.
                      Instagram @wickedweiss

Comment

Originally posted by WICKED WEISS View Post
                        Either way it looks good. I'd ride shotgun.
                        ha thanks man! Waiting on a daily driver to pop up then im gonna go all out on this thing.

Im building a fully built b16 for it. and im collected a turbo kit over the years

Weisco 81mm low comp Pistons and eagle rods. Arp Head studs rod bolts main bolts. Supertech block gaurd. Cometic head gasket. Gsr head. New valves an valve guides Skunk2 intake manifold blox 68mm throttle body. Skunk2 cam gears.

Garrett 57mm turbo. Rfl turbo xs blow off valve. Cx racing intercooler kit. (welded piping. fuck couplers) tial 38mm wastegate with 14psi spring. 3" downpipe open dump tube lovefab ram horn turbo manifold. precision 900cc injectors aem fuel rail.

shooting for 400 reliable hp

and the engine bay I will shave and tuck and brake line tuck of course

Comment

Some new pictures i took the other day. My photography skills arent the best. Let me know what you think.

Comment

Thanks man. Im having problems with my front. the rear i have plenty of suspension travel.

The front... not so much. Im sure you had the same problem. My upper control arm is resting on my shock tower and i cut holes in the shock towers as well. I have some ideas on what to do but was curious to see what you did?
                            Yeah, the front is definitely the tricky part. With stock arms, as long as you cut/raise the strut towers, you're good to go. But with aftermarket arms, you start running into problems, since as you add camber, it pitches the arm up even higher.

The first thing I tried (after making as much clearance as humanly possible) was fabricating a spacer to put between the control arm-to-strut tower mounting point, in hopes of barely making extra clearance for the arm to come up. It did a small amount of good, but the arms are STILL bottomed out on the towers, and the knuckle is completely pressed against the spring due to the camber+ride height combo. So there is literally no downwards suspension travel whatsoever.
                            It might sound like a good thing, but trust me...it's not. It's the reason the car has only been driven twice in the last year.

The only sure-fire solution is to shorten the knuckle itself (the part that goes from the hub to the upper ball joint). Depending on where you cut it, you can get more camber from it, more suspension travel from it, or both. I need about a degree more negative camber (it's about -7 or 7.5 now) and A LOT more suspension travel, so that's really the only solution for me. Just be positive that it gets welded together as strongly as possible if you do it! It's a pretty vital part to be cutting up and putting back together. Haha

Another positive is that it'll put the control arm back at a much more desirable angle, and you won't have to max out your camber adjustment (if you needed to in the first place).

Sorry for the TL;DR post! Haha Hopefully it made some sense.

Civic Build

1992 Civic VX - 1996 Miata - 1986 944 Turbo - 1988.5 Samurai - 2006 Tiburon GT

Comment

Heres a quick driveway shot with the oem bumper. the car was super dirty in this pic and it doesnt have the oem lip yet.

I like this a lot more then the other bumper. The other one looks "off" for some reason
                              1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                              1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Not a fan of the giant windshield sticker (why does everyone do this shit?) or the rear spoiler. Other then that it looks great dude. Stance is on point

`92 325i vert - 90' 325is - '99 m3 - Instagram @e30L

Comment

Working...
                                X