No announcement yet.

Moving my thread over... Sin City e36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushed the car out of the booth today! There are some minor dust specs on it, and a bit of orange peel here and there, but wetsanding will remove all of that. I'll install the bumpers shortly and post back. In the meantime, here are some Android pics...

Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 01-27-2012, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Fresh as f*ck!!

Comment

Got started a little late tonight, but got the rear bumper, front nose panel, front bumper, mirrors, and trunk trim installed. Tomorrow we cut/buff to get a mirror. Then a wash, installation of the lights, sideskirts, and any trim (if I have time).

Pics from today's work:

More tomorrow!

Comment

I forgot my camera today, so the next couple are Android pics again. Sorry guys.

Anyway, we got some wetsanding done today. 1000 grit to knock down any minor runs, 2000 to clean that up, 3000 for ultra-fine polishing. Then just a touch of the buffer makes this fender happen:

So it's getting there... slowly again. But I'm sure it's worth the patience. Hope to have it fully reassembled, cleaned up and on the road again by Thursday or Friday at the latest. Then we can get some pics in the sunlight. It's amazing how much color shift this paint has. Indoors, it's DARK, almost Navy color. In the daylight, or with a flash on it the Avus comes alive.

Comment

You sir are a boss. The progress is awesome, I can't wait to see the final product.

Comment

ohh man that shit is CLEAN! its cant wait to see it fully cleaned up!!!!!!!!!

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

Originally posted by 0MgLoLe36 View Post
                so freakin sick.. i wish i could do this. haha
                Dude, you can do it. I've never done bodywork before in my life. I live in an HOA community. It was my daily driver, and its taken me 6 months... if I can do it, anyone can.

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
                that's a lot of work - Liking the details in the pictures. Keep us updated.
                Thanks! It is a lot of Work... if I I never sanded again in my life I could die happy.

Originally posted by lukesebastian View Post
                nice work so far mate
                Thank you.

Originally posted by germanbycar View Post
                Fantastic progress. Subd.
                Glad someone is following... it makes it worth updating.

Originally posted by On The Grind View Post
                hey is your front bumper oem? if not how does it fit??
                I found it difficult to find an OEM bumper. When I did, the owner was unwilling to ship. So I opted for the DDM Bumper. It fits perfectly! Its the only non-um piece on the car, and you'd never know.

Originally posted by Joe203 View Post
                Very sick lovin the color
                Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 02-18-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksyde View Post
                  You sir are a boss. The progress is awesome, I can't wait to see the final product.
                  From the vehicles shown in your sig, I'd have to say YOU are boss! But thank you, im dying to have it reassembled. Then again i'm terrified to drive it too. That first rock chip is going to have me spitting and cussing for sure.

Originally posted by Jamil View Post
                  ohh man that shit is CLEAN! its cant wait to see it fully cleaned up!!!!!!!!!
                  Thanks man! Im not sure if I should just update this thread when its done, start a new one in the showroom, or both. I've got a few buddies who want to do up a photoshoot, so we'll see.
                  Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 02-18-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

that paint looks fresh as fawk!

Comment

Wow...that is superb!

Love reading thread like these where the builds go smoothly, and doesn't take like 2 years to update >< Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SupaSonic View Post
                        that paint looks fresh as fawk!
                        Righteous... glad its acceptable.

Originally posted by Bennee View Post
                        Wow...that is superb!

Love reading thread like these where the builds go smoothly, and doesn't take like 2 years to update >< Lol.
                        Right on! Well I will update again tonight. I've carbon wrapped my grills and b pillars. If its to the point I can install them ill certainly post up more progress.progress
                        Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 02-18-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Whoa that fender looks awesome! Did you have to go down to 1000grit!? Id feel guilty touching fresh paint with grit as abrasive as that..
                          slamburglars.com

Comment

Nice Build so far, love the colour!

Comment

Awesome work man. That color is going to look Stunning when its finished!!

Comment

Wow I am loving this, wheels look quite nice in white IMO!

Comment

Working...
                                X