Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys drive your slammed cars to places you've never been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reason #1 why I switched to bags, heh
    Jason
    flickr
    build thread

Comment

I will avoid at all costs driving in the dark or rain in unknown territory. In the day I'll go anywhere though, I'm just sure to not follow close to the person in front of me so I have time to take on anything. Sometimes city folk honk, I grin and bare it.

Comment

One good thing about my job is I drive a heavy truck on camelback springs. I feel EVERY dent in the road. so i know whats coming when i take my car somewhere. GO MACK . *cringe*

Comment

Drive it anywhere ... If you survive my neighborhood ..
          You can make it everywhere ... Serious!

Comment

Before this summer I never thought twice about going anywhere. Last fall I hopped in my car kinda unexpectedly and cruised down through a thunderstorm all night to Ocean City, stopping at penn state to pick up Kelly. Threw a loooot of sparks off of shit neither of us saw due to poor weather conditions and the dark.

That being said, I drove probably 35+ hours that weekend alone without a hiccup.

I had my car out for 7 weeks this year and took out 3 oil pans.

So really, there is always the danger, I guess.

Originally posted by Kielan
            Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

I took my car into downtown Boston today

Never take your car into downtown Boston
              IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

If I have to make a road trip or drive to somewhere I've never been, I raise the car up an inch or two. Because Im a pussy like that.
                | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

70,000 miles and counting. static slammed. From here to vegas to LA and everywhere in between. Shes my daily driver. Because shes my only car. everything that has ever broke has been a result of being slammed.
                  C280 Build Thread
                  C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                  E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

My only car is pretty low and I'd rather be attentive driving than take the time to raise it before I leave... Road trips are more fun because you have to pay attention.
                    03 S2000 - Lows Achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by drift55 View Post
                      I took my car into downtown Boston today

Never take your car into downtown Boston
                      Took my whip to downtown Orlando yesterday...never again.

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                      70,000 miles and counting. static slammed. From here to vegas to LA and everywhere in between. Shes my daily driver. Because shes my only car. everything that has ever broke has been a result of being slammed.
                      Like a boss. Congratulations sir, you have made it into my signature.
                      Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
                      Instagram: bmwforlife

Originally posted by SD202

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                        everything that has ever broke has been a result of being slammed.
                        The freakin truth. same here man
                        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                        Got Drop??

Comment

I'm not as low as most on here but I take my car everywhere. If its a new spot,I watch the road like I'm looking out for land mines. I'll angle the **** in and out of places. I get honks for it but I don't care.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I drove my 21.8" fender to ground mk4 GTI more than 1100km through Germany to Netherlands and trust me German highways is a big myth, they are made of concrete and very bumpy, and you would never ever wanted to be with slammed car in center of Amsterdam, Leiden or Rotterdam... Netherlands is country of speedbumps and very steep entrance to every parking lot and everywhere

edit: 21.8" ftg is something like 1/2 to 3/4 inch from the ground, depends on how much is your subframe shaved from grinding
                            Last edited by jim.vw; 09-16-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I guess I'm the opposite, I DD at a healthy drop, but wind down the coils before a lenthy road trip.
                              [

Comment

BADwayz, your sig blows my mind. lol

I dd all year round at this height. I think my car is fairly low, but the lowest part of the car is the subframe/exhaust so if something hits its not bad at all. The oil pan is nice and tucked up high.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Working...
                                X