Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #226
SierraSemiDriver
StanceWorks Newcomer
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 18
  • User Status: Offline


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
I think that was sarcasm. But who knows, most stuff you see on movies is real anyways..
no it was not sarcasm. just look at the large gap between the tires and trailer
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #227
sevenspokes
StanceWorks Newcomer
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
  • Posts: 1
  • User Status: Offline


Default this "genius" made his way to clubrsx

this "genius" made his way to clubrsx, here's the thread, note page 6 for comparo pics from jalopnik

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=745338
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #228
FunfGang
StanceWorks OG
FunfGang's Avatar
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Baltimore
  • Posts: 4,486
  • User Status: Offline


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenspokes View Post
this "genius" made his way to clubrsx, here's the thread, note page 6 for comparo pics from jalopnik

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=745338
I'm fairly, if not totally certain that is a completely different person...
__________________

God bless the USA by Stuart AM Russell, on Flickr
E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #229
smokenyall
StanceWorks Regular
  • Join Date: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 260
  • User Status: Offline


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunfGang View Post
I'm fairly, if not totally certain that is a completely different person...
Yea obk is running hotchkis plates and I'm running my own design.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #230
rice4life
Bic Boi
StanceWorks Lover
rice4life's Avatar
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Location: SoCal
  • Posts: 1,430
  • User Status: Offline


Default

I...
Kinda...
Like it.
Yeah, the mods were shoddy, but when you do not have your parents bank account at your disposal, you have to make do with what you got. Not to the point of endangering everyone around with out right retarded mods...
But, it's all a learning experience.
Jalopnik blew this way out of proportion.

I also have a question. Why an em2? Not much aftermarket support. It would have been much cheaper and a lot safer(Hell of a lot) to have gone with a car with a huge aftermarket.

(Oh god... I am going to get flamed for this...)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #231
TylersEM2
Moar -camber
StanceWorks Visitor
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Location: 360lympia
  • Posts: 96
  • User Status: Offline


Default

^^^Exactly why your screen name is 'rice4life'
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:40 AM   #232
OpelWagenGT
StanceWorks Regular
OpelWagenGT's Avatar
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Lynnwood, WA
  • Posts: 252
  • User Status: Offline


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylersEM2 View Post
^^^Exactly why your screen name is 'rice4life'


-Aron
__________________
"Living life a quarter turn at a time"


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #233
smokenyall
StanceWorks Regular
  • Join Date: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 260
  • User Status: Offline


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice4life View Post
I...
Kinda...
Like it.
Yeah, the mods were shoddy, but when you do not have your parents bank account at your disposal, you have to make do with what you got. Not to the point of endangering everyone around with out right retarded mods...
But, it's all a learning experience.
Jalopnik blew this way out of proportion.

I also have a question. Why an em2? Not much aftermarket support. It would have been much cheaper and a lot safer(Hell of a lot) to have gone with a car with a huge aftermarket.

(Oh god... I am going to get flamed for this...)
Got the car basically for free and it was all crispy oem. I put a few thousand miles on my first setup with no problems and with my new setup all the weight of the vehicle is below the shock tower but still with the extended hats.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #234
KingBaby
worse roads in the US!
StanceWorks Visitor
  • Join Date: Dec 2010
  • Location: Hell for lowered cars
  • Posts: 53
  • User Status: Offline


Default

I'm shocked this is open....

props "smokenyall" for not killing yourself!
__________________
07 Silver Alloy Nissan Nismo 350Z #0191 "Lin'da"
2amR---------> - WFC# 267
Quote:
I've been around the world I ain't never seen a girl like that...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #235
MadBlackKapper
Novice Racer
StanceWorks Newcomer
MadBlackKapper's Avatar
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Location: Houston
  • Posts: 14
  • User Status: Offline


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBaby View Post
I'm shocked this is open....

props "smokenyall" for not killing yourself!
yupp so any updates on this "new setup" smokenyall?
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #236
smokenyall
StanceWorks Regular
  • Join Date: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 260
  • User Status: Offline


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBlackKapper View Post
yupp so any updates on this "new setup" smokenyall?
If I endup working on my car after work I'll takes some pics but the upper spring perch is just like obk's setup.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:12 AM   #237
Steffn07
StanceWorks Newcomer
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
  • Posts: 1
  • User Status: Offline


Default

My dog died yesterday and I was really sad....until i saw this thread!!! hahaha thanks for the laughs! but seriously DO IT RIGHT! I live in Norcal too and I aint trying to get in a wreck w/a civic. Especially with my new setup/rims.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #238
E36BMW
StanceWorks Newcomer
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
  • Location: N.S Canada
  • Posts: 5
  • User Status: Offline


Default

I usually just lurk, but I registered to comment...


So embarrasing


You stay classy, Honda Ricers...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #239
PJ Prendergast
StanceWorks Regular
  • Join Date: Oct 2011
  • Location: Albany NY/West Haven CT
  • Posts: 270
  • User Status: Offline


Default

the tags in this thread made me LOL. when i saw the pics on tumblr i thought it was a myth, but this thing is here right on stanceworks! dude, it's just unsafe, let alone the long term damage to your car. you're better off cutting your springs like the rest of em haha
__________________

1993 1993 3000gt VR4
1988 BMW 325 (for sale, PM me for details!)
1991 s13 hatch




http://breatheslowbreatheslow.tumblr.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:42 AM   #240
smokenyall
StanceWorks Regular
  • Join Date: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 260
  • User Status: Offline


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Prendergast View Post
the tags in this thread made me LOL. when i saw the pics on tumblr i thought it was a myth, but this thing is here right on stanceworks! dude, it's just unsafe, let alone the long term damage to your car. you're better off cutting your springs like the rest of em haha
Almost 7k on the current setup without problems, also i allready posted pics of how the fox body mustang is, i actually have a few buddies with 5.0's that have the camber plates on the top of the shock towers with coilovers and no plate mounted on the under side of the tower.

ill just leave this here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:12 AM   #241
TylersEM2
Moar -camber
StanceWorks Visitor
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Location: 360lympia
  • Posts: 96
  • User Status: Offline


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokenyall View Post
Almost 7k on the current setup without problems, also i allready posted pics of how the fox body mustang is, i actually have a few buddies with 5.0's that have the camber plates on the top of the shock towers with coilovers and no plate mounted on the under side of the tower.

ill just leave this here.
That lip literally adds like 4 inches. You're not even that low...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:31 AM   #242
SimonF
StanceWorks Visitor
  • Join Date: Apr 2010
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia
  • Posts: 117
  • User Status: Offline


Default

I'm lower and my coilovers fit properly, just saying.
__________________
SimonF. UK to straya emigrant.

Current: Aus Silvia S13
Previous; UK Civic DX, B16A conversion, fitted - sold and written off by new owner
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #243
Edu_jabuticaba
StanceWorks Newcomer
  • Join Date: Oct 2011
  • Posts: 1
  • User Status: Offline


Default

hello from brazil
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #244
MadBlackKapper
Novice Racer
StanceWorks Newcomer
MadBlackKapper's Avatar
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Location: Houston
  • Posts: 14
  • User Status: Offline


Default this is sad.

im considering sellin my cb9 wagon, im ashamed of all honda owners right now.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #245
TylersEM2
Moar -camber
StanceWorks Visitor
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Location: 360lympia
  • Posts: 96
  • User Status: Offline


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBlackKapper View Post
im considering sellin my cb9 wagon, im ashamed of all honda owners right now.
Okaayyy. I guess I'll take it off your hands
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:29 AM   #246
rice4life
Bic Boi
StanceWorks Lover
rice4life's Avatar
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Location: SoCal
  • Posts: 1,430
  • User Status: Offline


Default

My hyundai is lower on springs/shocks D:



Get smaller tires, coilovers, and spacers for gods sake D:
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:07 AM   #247
smokenyall
StanceWorks Regular
  • Join Date: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 260
  • User Status: Offline


Default

frame is actually about 2 3/4 off the ground.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #248
melancollie
StanceWorks Visitor
  • Join Date: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 26
  • User Status: Offline


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokenyall View Post
frame is actually about 2 3/4 off the ground.
ain't shit...

ricer
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #249
Fatandre
StanceWorks Visitor
  • Join Date: Nov 2009
  • Posts: 118
  • User Status: Offline


Default

Wtf
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #250
FittedDownLow
StanceWorks Lover
  • Join Date: Jul 2010
  • Location: bethlehem Pa
  • Posts: 1,332
  • User Status: Offline


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokenyall View Post
frame is actually about 2 3/4 off the ground.
It looks raked and there's only pictures of the front so far so I bet the back isn't even lowered and judging from the pictures provided I doubt your frame rails are that low even even though that's not low.... Dude extended top hats don't even lower your car thu just save your struts by making it less compressed.... So just but gc extended top hats and gc sleeves and call it a day
__________________
HoodRatStatus
Instagram @looneylow
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
death by strut mounts, deez nuts, honda civic epic fail, hopeyoulikeyourriceshaken, jalopnik, poon, ricer, shame, tits or gtfo sierra

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.