The turbo Explorer build is progressing at a fantastic rate. So much, in fact, that we’re already featuring it on the blog again!
Since we last checked in on the Explorer…so, um, yesterday…all the piping from the turbos to the manifolds were completed, and we’d started working on the downpipes.
Once work started on the downpipes, the flood gates opened and the fab garage has been nothing but a flurry of tacks and welds, argon gas and tungsten rods.
As always, we were there for the close-up shots.
After a small amount of test-fitting, the final welds were put in place and the passenger side downpipe was ready to roll.
Since the passenger side was a breeze, we figured, “Hey, why not, let’s make two downpipes. The driver’s side could probably use one!” And it could. So we did.
Just like the passenger side, the driver’s side fit with a small amount of correction factor applied to take advantage of the lack of room from the steering shaft. Those pesky things manage to get in the way all the time. No matter, though, as the fitment turned out excellent. We now have two completed downpipes, awaiting the rest of the exhaust.
And it’s not like we don’t have ample room to work with.
On a final, Motor Union
-related note, you all should come to Motor Union
. We’ve released the list of show categories, and have important information in our blog post
that pertains to those who wait until the day-of to sign up! See you cats on Friday. Oh, also on a note of interest, we’re closed Friday for reasons aforementioned