No announcement yet.

Sketchy E36 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rad stuff man. Are you still in Wichita or Seattle now? Got half way through the entire thread before I realized your location from seeing Marcus and Rolando's whips.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
      Cutting up a car certainly stinks, but TBH the overs compliment your kit very well. I think it was a good choice!
      Yeaaaah it is what it is haha. Thank you! I appreciate it. I just hope the overs last a while before i crack them haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Hvmbone View Post
        Rad stuff man. Are you still in Wichita or Seattle now? Got half way through the entire thread before I realized your location from seeing Marcus and Rolando's whips.
        Im in Seattle now. I was wondering if anyone on here was going to recognize their cars lol. Are you in the KC area?

Comment

• Originally posted by bdesmarteauej205 View Post
          Im in Seattle now. I was wondering if anyone on here was going to recognize their cars lol. Are you in the KC area?
          Yessir, out in Lawrence!

Comment

• Well my wheels showed up. I think theyre tight. 18X10 +23. Its nice to have good fitting wheels again.I feel like you dont see these model Leons all that often. Ill eventually get chrome bois up front too.

Comment

• hope you dont mind i am about to make one of your pictures on your car as a wallpaper!

Comment

• Not much has gone on lately. Planning on hitting an event at the end of the month, then hitting a 2 day event at the end of July. so until i have stuff worth posting, heres some blurry short from a local spot i found

Comment

• So much yes, subbed
                  grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

• So in preping the car for the 2 day event, i wanted to get my tab pocket plates welded in. Considering the number of cracks i have dealt with on this chassis, i figured it was only a matter of time until i ran into more issues. My buddy was keeping me company in the garage and we were talking about other stuff the car needs. Next thing i know, I'm taking the entire rear end out as a "while your in there" kinda thing.

What i ended up finding was: 4 cracks in the passenger side rtab pocket, both rear brake rotors cracked, e brake shoes look like theyre about to crumble apart, subframe is cracked in 2 places, and all 4 cv boots/ points are not in good shape (already knew this). so i ordered solid Nerptech subframe bushings, and offset solid rtab inserts so i can actually get the rear toe in spec. While everything is out, I'm going to rebuild both axles, and new rotors/ brake shoes. So the car should be feeling pretty good. Theres still stuff i want to go through and replace, but ill to that at a later time.

Heres a couple photos that i remembered to take.

I just got a new computer and I'm not how to resize photos yet, so y'all will just have to deal with the jumbo ones. sorry lol

Comment

• what about the part where you caught your car on fire?
                      My car is stupid
                      IG: @notmarshall

Comment

• The leon’s look dope as hell! Been waiting to see a set on a e36

Comment

• Damn i suck at updating this. Got the rear end back in the car with the new bushings, rotors, and parking brake shoes. The rear of the car feels way more solid than it did before, which i expected. I guess its just crazy to me to actually feel the difference. The only thing i couldn't get to work is the handbrake. I tried burning/bedding the shoes in, but i just can't get the rear wheels to lock up for shit. The only way i can get it to kind of lock up is after the car is sideways, and even then its mediocre at best. I had lots of issues with the car just straightening out because the wheels wouldn't lock up, so if anyone was any advice for that, I'm all ears.

Now for the 2 day event/ matsuri/ summer uprising. We all set out early in the morning to make the 2ish hour drive down to SPR. After arriving we unloaded all of our equipment, put up the canopy for some shade, and tried to stay cool till it was time for the drivers meeting. After the meeting we went back to the tent and chilled so the initial rush of the first drivers on track would go by. I could only get about 3-4 laps in before my water temp would get around 220f, but i drove pretty much from 9am to 6pm on saturday with out any issues, and on the same pair of kr20's. Those tires are the shit. After driving, we went to a river maybe 5 minutes from the track to cool off and relax. The rest of the evening basically consisted of sitting around with homies and throwing back beers.

Sunday was pretty much the same deal, drive all day 3-4 laps at a time. We decided to leave early because of the heat, and traffic on i5 towards seattle is shit, so we wanted to try and beat it. As i was loading stuff into the trunk of the m3, some shit happened that I've never even heard of before. My car was off and in gear because the ratcheting thing in my e brake is broken, my car tried to start itself, and since it was in gear, it jumped forward a couple times and ended up running over some tools, a coolant jug, and started to go into out table/ tent. I jumped in and put it in neutral and went to disconnect the battery, when i grabbed the negative cable, it was so hot that it blistered my thumb as i grabbed it. Next thing i know theres a cloud of smoke coming out of the hood. We had to bump start it, drive through about 3 hours of stop and go traffic with a constant fear of something else burning up on the car, but i made it home.

The started was wired to a relay from the PO, but the relay wasn't secured in any way, so by the time i found it, the plastic case for the relay was gone, the relay was covered in oil just resting against the block..so i replaced the starter and relay, redid the wiring, and mounted the relay to an eyelet thing on the dipstick tube so its secure and away from everything else, we gucci now.

All in all it was the best 2 days I've had behind the wheel of this car. i feel that i progressed a lot as a driver and found areas where i need to improve my driving, as well as some areas on the car. Heres a couple photos that one of my friends took.

Sorry for the novel, i just thought it'd be cool to kind of share what i do and where i go with this car. I just think details like that make threads more interesting.

Still don't know how to resize photos..ill go through and resize them after i figure it out, sorry.

I ended up trading the leons for some advan tcii. I just really wanted to go back to one piece wheels, plus these are tight.

Im doing a private event at SPR next month, after that ill be done for the year and ill start refreshing the car. So far my list consists of, fix and repaint aero, new gauges, catch can, reseal a bunch of stuff, cage, refinish wheels (maybe), steering rack, reservoir, and hoses, maybe new flca, radiator fan out of some 90's volvo, solid mount shifter, and probably more stuff i can't remember. Ill update as i remember to.

Comment

• Car looks awesome. Sad about the wheels but all things go. I absolutely NEED one of the bad luck club stickers. Are they something I can get online?
                            2 328i e36's
                            Saabaru linear 2.5na
                            Various projects.
                            sigpic
                            Intro;
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                              Car looks awesome. Sad about the wheels but all things go. I absolutely NEED one of the bad luck club stickers. Are they something I can get online?
                              thanks! Yeah id just google bad luck club and his site should come up

Comment

• Update time. So that private event happened. It was super fun, probably some of the best driving I've done. I think next year ill get a go pro and try to upload videos here too, we'll see. Met up with some friends at a gas station like usual before heading down to the track. My friend took what is the coolest roller to date of the m3

We took a different route this time, which ended up taking us through some really foggy twisties and really close to Mount St Helens, which was pretty tight. Got to the track, unloaded everything, drove a whole bunch and had a bunch of fun.

On my very last lap of the day, i managed to YEET it into the tire wall. I flicked towards the wall like always, but when i went to chuck the wheel, the car just kept going straight. Im not sure if i just got caught in tire debris/dust up against the wall or what, but the front end went in first, then the car just spun around super quick. After the car stopped spinning, i heard a loud hissing sound and the motor was shaking super bad, so i shut it off. The condenser and radiator were smashed, and the a/c lines snapped off the condenser. shattered my lip and bumper into over a dozen pieces. The coolant line that runs under the radiator and to the reservoir got cut in half, so i lost all of my coolant. We pushed the car back to the pits and got the radiator to fit good enough to get it home, but my main issue was the coolant hose. I used to use a cut piece of bmx handlebars as an old e brake extension. for whatever reason, i decided to throw it in my tool bag before i left. I ended up bridging the hose with this piece of handlebar to get the car home. We spent hours cleaning up and trying to bleed the cooling system, which has always been a pain in the ass. Stopped for mexican food, then set out on the couple hour drive home.

Finally got the car home, let it sit for a while, then started taking it apart.

Comment

Working...
                                X