No announcement yet.

Round 3....another M3 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay for solid mounts! I can't wait to see some pics of this thing on track!
    Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• I've always wanted to try a hill climb, they look like fun. You should try and get a track day in though too if at all possible, you'll have a blast.

I'm going to try and do a track day this summer assuming my pockets don't get drained by maintenance.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
      "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
      SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Took it out of the garage over the weekend

FIRST DRIVE MARCH by minthinrich, on Flickr
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Had to stop at the UPS store today at lunch to pick up a box since I am never home when they come to deliver. Of course was home most of the day yesterday and saw 3 trucks go past my house....none of which stopped due to the weather I guess.

5 lbs and long....hmm

SAMSONAS BOX by minthinrich, on Flickr

Opened it up, 2 things inside. I can make my own selector rod, but not sure if I will need to.

SAMSONAS 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          SAMSONAS 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Thought long and hard about RTD or CAE....but both had a 6-8 week lead time. I honestly could have waited, but I dont want to be tearing into the car again once it warms up if I dont have to. Didnt find many reviews, but ended up deciding on the Samsonas shifter setup, which most guys says is very very similar to those 2. Stock at VAC in philly....had to order one. Priced right around what the RTD goes for.

SAMSONAS 3 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• That shifter looks like a nice piece, I really need to get something like that in my VW once I get around to working on it.

Comment

• Man that's beautiful... Makes my akg look like chump change lol
              IG: Dimitriantoniou
              1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
              1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

• didnt realize you had a thread going for this thing man. You should to bring it over to my place when we throw all my parts on mine and let me take it for a spin
                THE ONLY NEGATIVE THINGS IN YOUR LIFE SHOULD BE YOUR CAMBER AND OFFSET

Comment

• Excited to see that shifter setup in there!

Comment

• Originally posted by meech View Post
                    Man that's beautiful... Makes my akg look like chump change lol
                    Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
                    Excited to see that shifter setup in there!
                    Its installed...I will get back to this one. Still messing with it to get it to work properly and look perfect.

So last week I didnt really do much at all to the car. The shifter had me a little pissed off so took a break on the car. I did get a new toy tho, in the form of a vinyl cutter. Ive been messing with that and making little things for friends and whatnot as I figure out how to get it all to work. I might redo it, but I finally cut this for the wing. I made a few diff sizes, and I know this is a little large...but everything else looked tiny. Still trying to decide on the taller mounts as well.

WING STICKER by minthinrich, on Flickr
                    WING STICKER 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also these showed up, and I finally thew them on. Im glad I bought them, but I could have just cut them myself with no background and been happy. Oh well.

SIDE DECALS by minthinrich, on Flickr
                    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• The decals look great! What cutter did you end up getting?

Also, the wing looks killer in full air brake mode. haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
                        The decals look great! What cutter did you end up getting?

Also, the wing looks killer in full air brake mode. haha.
                        Ended up getting a UScutter Titan, I am very happy with it so far. Hardest part has been figuring out the sizing on the software. Also need to learn other programs so I can start making my own designs.

So had a bright idea yesterday to pull the car out of the garage. New front lip, remounted the splitter how I wanted (oem LTW design) and put it on the ground. Needed to test out the shifter anyway.........total FAIL

Basically my driveway blows for getting anything in and out of the garage....esp when you dont have reverse. Got it stuck at the end, thankfully I had the jeep and winch so i pulled it back a few times till my girlfriend came over and could help me push it down the other part of my driveway.

bmw stuck by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also switched to 15" stands on the wing.

bmw1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        bmw2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Been driving the car here and there, shifter is rad now that I got it working. I have a video up on my ig...which I guess Ill post here

Last edited by hinrichs; 04-02-2018, 11:43 AM.
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Still just driving it here and there, but the steering shimmy is terrible....so yeah not sure where to throw money at that problem.
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• watching the wing sway left to right at side-wind has got to be entertaining

Comment

• Could your wheels (or a wheel) be out of balance, causing the shimmy?

Comment

Working...
                                X