Hey everyone! I figured since I'm starting to make some progress on my truck it would be a good time to start a thread to track my progress and such
My name is Alex and I purchased this 1996 Nissan D21 about a month ago with 133,XXX on it, completely stock with a bed that used to be on a white truck. You'll see more of that soon. I had my mind set on keeping it stock and just driving it around but that lasted about a week. I'm the third owner of the truck and the first person to even think about modifying it so it was a good base to start on. Time for ultra heavy duty premium super awesome quality iphone pictures...Meet Vlad everybody:
The two owners before me were both old men. So the like I said, the truck is totally stock and doesn't seem to be beaten or driven hard in any way...the day that I bought it
First on the list, since all was stock was NGK plugs and wires. Turns out it really needed both of them.
The previous owner lived on a dirt road and never cleaned the engine bay...not once. Not when oil was spilled on the valve cover, not when he washed the truck to sell it, never and ever. There was an extremely thick coat of dirt mixed with oil on EVERYTHING under the hood. So I used an entire bottle of Simple Green on it and went to work at the car wash. I'd say it turned out pretty well for not scrubbing anything...
Added stickers for that jdm y0 look and found a glove at the carwash. Decided the glove would be a nice touch for the bumper
Also, a mustache...for character or something
Plasti-dipped the upright chrome trim on the windshield. It's amazing how much of a difference this made
Because rust is cool
Suddenly these appeared
Time to get to work:
These were fun...
Because of these...meh
The redneck bit...super baller MUD TIRES
Time to play Count the Nissans!!
The glove of questioning
All buttoned up
Compared to a stock 4WD hardbody:
And this brings us to the present! I'm loving the drop but do plan to go lower once I find some money for drop spindles. When I do those I'll also redrill the leaf hangers to drop the rear some more. Future goal is to have a static stanced truck in the current definition of the word. Details including blast pipes, some suede on the inside, some gauges, maybe 4WD front fenders if necessary, and some other dumb stuff. I'll keep this thread updated with more progress as it happens so stay tuned and enjoy!