86 Toyota turbo pickup aka Betsy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 Toyota turbo pickup aka Betsy

Hi folks, I just wanted to introduce my truck. Her name is Betsy, and she has about a 3" drop all around, sitting on 15x7 American racing wheels. Engine came stock with a turbo. I'm running drop LCAs up front with ball joint flip, sway-a-way torsion bars, belltech anti-sway bar, and monroe variable rate shocks up front. Exhaust is free flowing 2 1/4" cat with a dual output flowmaster muffler feeding two thrush glasspacks. Out back is belltech drop springs and Monroe variable rate shocks. Custom upholstered interior with a fiat steering wheel, and a B&M shifter.

FrontAngleSm4-14-17.jpg

engine4-14-17.jpg

FrontSusSm.jpg

TailPipesSm.jpg

RearSusSm.jpg
    Last edited by Justin Danger; 04-16-2017, 12:28 AM.

[ATTACH]12550[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12551[/ATTACH]

Comment

welcome. I dig turbo Toyotas too
      conversion syndicate*

4g63 swapped Hilux: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75423

ig: makercruuz

Comment

haha, man, within minutes of signing up here and searching around, I had read through your whole thread on yer Hilux. That thing is badass, Turbo Toyotas are a wonderful thing.
        Last edited by Justin Danger; 04-18-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Turbo Toyotas are the absolute best. Now I'm going to spend the rest of my workday reading the Hi-Lux thread lol. Anyway, sweet truck, keep her looking good!
          sigpic

Comment

well, I spent the past couple days trying my hand at some body work filling the holes for the clips that hold the trim in front of the rear wheel wells. Before that though, had a bit of a photo op when I found myself in an empty parking structure.

BackAngle1Sm4-16-17.jpg

FrontAngle1Lg4-16-17.jpg

FrontAngle2Sm4-16-17.jpg

FrontAngle3Sm4-16-17.jpg

When I find the time I will do a build thread here, but for now if you're interested there is one over on toyotaminis.com for Betsy

Comment

I've never seen one of these trucks factory turbo'd.. learn something every day. Sweet!

Comment

Yeah man! they made em in like 86 and 87, then stopped. The base turbos had 5 speeds, but the SR5s had automatics.

Comment

Ran into some overheating problems recently (blew out a coolant hose on the side of a mountain in 112 degree dusty heat), and realized that the radiator in my truck was a modified 2 core, not a 3 core like toyota factory turbo radiators were. Decided to do something a little custom, so I got a 68' camaro aluminum radiator tri core with dual electric fans. Also went with copper piping because it won't blow out, and well, come on... copper is sexy.

NewRad1.jpg
                  NewRad2.jpg
                  OldandneRadiatorSm.jpg

Comment

À bagged pickup would've been sick

Comment

Nice car! wellcome

Comment

Working...
                      X