Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Straight vs Rolled Flange? Inner Stepped or Reverse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight vs Rolled Flange? Inner Stepped or Reverse?

I have a set of Kinesis K28's on my e46. I'm looking to get new lips for them and have a question on the inner and outter barrels.

To start, they are 18" step-lipped. I replaced the front inner's with brand new barrels last year. I'd like some clarification a couple of questions.

1. If my outters are stepped, do my inners need to be reversed (non-stepped)?
    2. The new inners that I have are straight flange. Do my outters also need to be straight flange? Or can I use rolled flange?

Thanks for any insight

No. Step lip on both, inner and outer
    2. The new inners that I have are straight flange. Do my outters also need to be straight flange? Or can I use rolled flange?
    You can use either, straight flange or rolled. Just be sure that all 4 outers have the same flange.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
      You can use either, straight flange or rolled. Just be sure that all 4 outers have the same flange.
      Thanks.

Regarding your statement to make sure that all 4 outers have the same flange. How can I can tell what type of flange on my outer that I have now? My plan is to move my rear outter to the front and get new rears. This will widen the front and back at the same time.

Comment

Step lip rolled flange

Step lip straight flange

Comment

Step lip rolled flange

Step lip straight flange
          Thanks. Hard to see from the photos but just to double-check, what I have shown below are Step Lip Straight Flange, right?

Comment

Correct. That is straight flange.

Comment

Correct. That is straight flange.
              Thanks! Much appreciated.

Comment

Another question....Can I have reversed outters and stepped inners? Or must they both match?

Comment

Originally posted by TWong1200 View Post
                  Another question....Can I have reversed outters and stepped inners? Or must they both match?
                  They must match. The face used in a reverse lip is larger than the face used in a step lip.
                  Last edited by zoo; 04-14-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TWong1200 View Post
                    I thought I made it clear. No. Have to be the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X