1998 pASSat Wagon 1/2 f**ks given project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 pASSat Wagon 1/2 f**ks given project

Alright, so I have been lurking around these threads for awhile, been impressed and inspired by a lot of the builds on here. I will make this an introduction and a place to ask a few questions of the experts.

I have a 1998 B5 Passat Wagon, I call it the pASSat because when I picked it up it was VERY rough. Bought it for $2500 and then had to fix all of the things the previous owner broke or didn't fix. It did come with a lot of extra euro parts and I was able to sell those to finance some of the repairs.

Anyways, fast forward to now. I have the car running well, I daily drive it. In my garage was lurking a set of Allroad fenders and cromaman's build was basically what I wanted this car to look like from the start. So I have started measuring and attempting to apply them in a similar way. I have seen how most folks cut and modify fenders and I am ready to start modifying mine but I was wondering, because my car is not lowered a huge amount, instead of cutting and welding I could actually use a fender rolling tool to really stretch the metal up and under the fenders.

Could you create a smoothly rolled or flared rear lip with just a lot of persuasion and rolling? It does two things for me, gives me the ability to screw a fender liner extension onto it and it preserves the strength of the car.

I can now answer my own question. Yes. You can create a smoothly flared rear lip if you make just a couple relief cuts in the fender. I got stalled on this project for...well about 2 years...been busy with life. Have some new ideas and I will start updating soon.

Trying to figure out why I cant create new posts at the moment I have some AMG Monoblock wheels and a few other things i was planning to use for this build that I have decided to go a different direction on.

Comment

Got any pics of the project?
      E34 build thread link
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
      e_dirty_4

Comment

Working...
      X