This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts List Help - 69 1Ton Pickup

Alright so I'm looking to pick up a 1 ton dually pick up truck, it is most likely a 1969 International 1 Ton, obviously there will be no kits for this truck. I was hoping someone could help me put together a list of parts I would need to purchase. I would love to get into a reliable air ride setup for as cheap as possible however I know "reliable/quality" and cheap mix like oil and water... That being said, in the future I would like to put a 12v Cummins under the hood, estimated weight of the motor / trans will be about 2,000lbs.

I tried searching but I couldn't find any required parts lists... Any information would help! Thanks.

ps. if you're a dealer and want to spec me out a kit, pm me.

To my understanding, you're going to be going it alone on the airride. A custom system is your best bet anyway, it will fit the truck well and therefore be more reliable and lead to less headaches down the line.
    This guy may be able to help you get an Airride system set up for your truck. You'll need lines, fittings, a tank, etc. At the very least I know he has some background working on old trucks, he has a sick '50s Apache on air and he seems to know his stuff.

In terms of the engine swap, you're going to be best off it you can find an entire truck to slowly swap parts from. Early 90s Dodges with the 12 bolt are getting cheaper every day, so finding one that runs without a title shouldn't be too difficult. This way, you can make sure you have an ECU, wiring harness, transmission, etc. that will work perfectly with your new diesel engine.

Best of luck on picking up a truck, be sure to make a build thread here when you get one. I've been looking at some patina truck options lately myself (I've found a D300 I really like, and a family member of mine has an F250 Supercab). Excited to see what becomes of your search.
    sigpic

Comment

that's really interesting, I'm going to share it with writing service site.

Comment

Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
        To my understanding, you're going to be going it alone on the airride. A custom system is your best bet anyway, it will fit the truck well and therefore be more reliable and lead to less headaches down the line.
        This guy may be able to help you get an Airride system set up for your truck. You'll need lines, fittings, a tank, etc. At the very least I know he has some background working on old trucks, he has a sick '50s Apache on air and he seems to know his stuff.

http://www.commonwealthmotoring.com/
        Thanks for the ahoutout man!

First off lets think about the chassis of the truck and what you'll need for that. If you're looking to lay frame on a C-notch is going to be a must have for the rear. Since these trucks are likely leaf spring (i'm assuming) you'll need to change out the way your rear end is mounted and go with a 4-link system or trailing arm system. You will also need air bag mounts and new shock mounts. The front of the truck will be a bit trickier to get on the ground. Since theres no real aftermarket for these trucks you'll need a lot of custom parts. I'm not sure if these trucks are IFS or solid beam front, but lets say their IFS (you'll need to swap to IFS if it's not). You'll need to modify or get custom control arms made so the bags can sit in them. You're likely going to have to Z the frame or put in a new dropped crossmember and drop spindles to get it to lay out. My suggestion would be to swap the front end components to Chevy C10 stuff for the convenience of parts availability. We're also working on Producing a C10 front end kit that could be configured to fit any truck.

Here is a rough parts list that you would need

Rear:
        C-notch
        4-link bars
        Bushings for 4 link bars (I use bushings for the lower bars and heim joints for the uppers)
        Tabs for 4 link to weld to axle and frame
        Bag brackets

Front:
        Modified or new control arms
        Drop Spindles
        Crossmember
        Bag brackets

Now for your air ride system it is pretty straight forward.

4 Airbags (something along the lines of Airlift D26000 bags)
        Air management system ( Airlift 3p/3h, v2, or accuair are all good)
        Tank(s)
        Compressor(s)
        Water trap
        Fittings
        Air lines

I could actually set you up with everything you would need for this build. I purchased a CNC plasma cutting table last month and once it's up and running we will be offering all sorts of builder parts like C-notches, 4 link tabs, bag brackets, motor mounts as well as custom jobs. We can also supply all the air ride parts.

Check out my build thread for my truck to get a rough idea of what all goes into this.
        1958 Chevy Apache shop truck build

Commonwealth

W201/W124 Control arms and bag brackets

http://www.commonwealthmotoring.com/
        Air ride and custom parts
        IG - Commonwealth_mf FB - https://facebook.com/commonwealthmotoring

Comment

Airlift performance 4 way Manual air management

Category: parts
          Car Make:
          Price: $750.00
          List Date: May 4, 2017
          Description:
          FOR SALE!!!! BRAND NEW!! Air lift Manual air management, comes with 4 gallon tank, viair 444c compressor, all fittings, wiring, air line, gauges, 4 way paddles, gauge pods, looking to get $500 with out tank and compressor or $750 with tank and compressor ! Feel free to Message me if interested!

For more info and pictures, click here!

Or inquire below!

*formatted and hosted by throtl posting tool. Post on throtl, get free image hosting and post formatting!

Comment

Working...
          X