No announcement yet.

Truck stuff and things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spent the morning ripping off the last of the wire wrap, pulling out the a/c and abs wiring and then attempting to tape it so i can reroute it better. it isnt going to end up being much of a wire tuck. it has more turned into routing wires in a more presentable way. tomorrow ill probably go grab some stuff so i can wrap up the project and put it back in the truck. im really over the whole ordeal and i really want to get on to the other cool projects i have planned at this point.

all the wires and wrap that came off the harness

Originally posted by BozoBubble
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

• Man take your time, since you have to put the harness back on just cut and extend the wires to route them away from sight and it will be so worth it I promise
      It looks tedious but once you get a hang on it it's actually pretty easy and as a total-shaved bay owner I must say there is nothing I'm more proud of than the empty space around the engine

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
        Man take your time, since you have to put the harness back on just cut and extend the wires to route them away from sight and it will be so worth it I promise
        It looks tedious but once you get a hang on it it's actually pretty easy and as a total-shaved bay owner I must say there is nothing I'm more proud of than the empty space around the engine
        there isnt much room to tuck all the wires. they will in the end (hopefully) look better and there should be much more room around the bay. this could absolutely just be the beginning too, now that i know where alot of things go and i have routed the harness my own way i may start moving, and extending wires later. this isnt the end of my wiring adventure lol im just really sick of having to deal with it atm

Truck Build

Comment

• Got back in the garage this morning and started putting the harness back in. Passenger side needs a few words extended. I got two done and then had to start getting ready to head out for the weekend. When I come back I will extend the injectors, map, coolant sensor, and Iat wires so that I can have a much smaller harness running on top of the valve cover. The wires that are extended in the pictures will end up getting a wire wrap on them so there isnt just wiring hanging out.

Also went to the junkyard yesterday and snagged some metal valve covers so I can color match them, a really dope oem obs Silverado work light, and a few other small things. Really happy that things are finally coming together.

Truck Build

Comment

• Was supposed to buy some wheels last night but they ended up selling. So, instead I bought a bunch of other shit lol egr block off plate, drivers side mirror, 2 toe straps to use for door pulls when I make sheet metal door panels, and then some led bars to replace my current under truck lights.

Truck Build

Comment

• Finally got almost all of the wires extended. Need to move some stuff around a little to get it all to sit nice but it looks infinitely bettwer than before I started.

Truck Build

Comment

• so one of maybe 3 things i have to do to wrap up the whole wiring is remove the heater stuff behind the dash, and push a plug inside the side of the cab for the ecu. so i spent my morning pulling the dash out. after seeing how much stuff has to come off im really debating on just going full racecar and leaving it off. ill make a mount for the gauges, and then a center panel for my lights, as well as the push button start and switches im about to hook up

Truck Build

Comment

• got the dash out today, as well as picked up the switches for my push button start. ive decided i am going to leave the dash out. ill start by making a mount for the ecu and gauges, as well as a center dash for switches and stereo.
                  eventually i will start to build the dash out.

Truck Build

Comment

• Got the rest of the heater stuff out of the truck today, one more plug to extend and the ecu should be able to be plugged in inside the cab.

Truck Build

Comment

• I've gotten quite a bit done these past 2 days. Fenders back on, wiring harness is ran inside the cab and the ecu is ziptied up temporarily, egr delete is on and I received my drivers side mirror. Things are finally coming together.

Truck Build

Comment

• after some thought i have decided to at least put the dash back in for right now. so, this morning i got it inside and pulled the last of the heater venting and the hvac controls. its just set in the truck and held up with the steering column bolts in this picture. i need to secure the ecu behind it, ziptie up some wires, plug stuff back in and then this massive project is nearly done. tomorrow ive gotta get the spare dif ready to be welded so those things probably wont happen until wednesday.

Truck Build

Comment

• just placed my order for this thing...

Last edited by storey618; 02-05-2018, 09:12 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

• Guess things are getting serious here

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                              Guess things are getting serious here
                              the most serious bruh!

this morning i got the trans, o2 sensor, and starter all hooked back up as well as put the hood back on. i need to plug the dash in, bolt it up and then i should be able to start the truck and see if it catches fire.

Truck Build

Comment

• seat came in today, i also got my door pulls which are just tow hooks. i bought them off wish so theyre not actually omp straps. but after seeing them i may have to buy another set because i actually kinda wanna use them as tow hooks lol

btw, my dumb ass brother decided to total his truck last night...and it has a 5.3...

Truck Build

Comment

Working...
                                X