No announcement yet.

Truck stuff and things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys, its been a minute. quite a bit has happened.

the truck got some new wheels and tires. it no longer shakes, but now tire rubs fender lol

ive been avoiding automotive shit. playing pool, and drinking has been my norm lately

went to cedar point and this is about the best that came of it

some violently strong beer

and then i can only assume this was a product of my drinking...i bought not one, but 2 non running b5's. the truck will be sold as soon as i get one of these running.

i currently already have b6 sport wheels, and have ordered boost gauge, and inline fuel pressure gauge. the good car will start and then the second you touch the throttle it dies. stick around to see if i figure this shit out lol

Originally posted by BozoBubble
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

• this is the only picture ive taken of the truck lately. my crank pulley is wobbling like i spun a main bearing, as well as the battery is dead almost everytime i try to start it. im trying to get the audi running now so i can park this and work on it over the winter.

Truck Build

Comment

• been messing with the truck a decent amount. nothing cool though. picked up a new crank pulley. then the battery, starter, and cable that goes from battery to starter all decided to give out. so i spent about a straight week trying to figure that out.

tore the dash apart in search of something wrong

and also figured out what scrapes lol along with a decent patch on the bottom of the bellhousing

Truck Build

Comment

• today i got the interior back together and drove the truck for the first time in a week. feels so good to not have to worry about if its going to start or not. also changed out my steering wheel for another one i had. it was off so i figured why not, i feel like it looks a bit better in the truck. im sure ill go back though since this one is about 1/4 the price of my other one lol

Truck Build

Comment

• been doing alot of window shopping for sbc swap parts no guarantees and it would not be anytime soon....but a boy can dream.

Truck Build

Comment

• well i spent my morning getting the truck unstuck. i knew it was bad in the snow but didnt realize it was practically undriveable lol supposed to be much warmer tomorrow so hopefully the snow melts and i can actually get this thing in the garage. i just parked it back in its spot today since i didnt wanna get stuck in the road or at the end of my driveway. if all goes well i will probably have updates again tomorrow.

Truck Build

Comment

• well, sadly the snow didnt melt nearly as fast as i wanted it to. supposed to be warm all day and even warmer tomorrow so i think i should actually be able to start tomorrow. heres 2 random pictures

heater box will be going, coolant overflow will most likely becoming a bottle right now until i buy one from jegs, washer fluid resevoir relocated or removed, ecu will be moved into the cab behind the glovebox, and then ill be tucking as many wires as i can. eventually i would like to delete the abs on the right side but i gotta talk to one of my buddies who has done it to figure out exactly what all is needed.

stay tuned, ive fallen for this thing all over again and im really stoked to get started on it!

Truck Build

Comment

• This really needs a body drop!
                  Cool on the bay shave project, it's not that common on non-show minitrucks

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                    This really needs a body drop!
                    Cool on the bay shave project, it's not that common on non-show minitrucks
                    i have been looking into them but atm i dont posess the skills necessary haha

almost every bit of snow we had here melted this morning so i finally got the truck moved into the garage. didnt have much time but i did get the battery, ecu, and coolant overflow pulled out. tomorrow or this weekend im gonna try to pick up some misc parts (brake lines, fittings, brake line cutter, wire wrap, etc) so i can pull even more stuff off and get to moving things and tucking wires!

Truck Build

Comment

• nearly froze to death today. got the hood, bumper cover, fender, and grill off. next up is pulling the heater box (fender had to come off to do so) once thats done i really think ill end up pulling the wiring harness so i can delete all the unnecessary wires; ac, abs, etc

Truck Build

Comment

• spent the morning pulling the heater box, and labeling wires. took out all the bolts i could see for the heater and then proceeded to just destroy it with a wonder bar lol but, its out and thats all i really care about.

need to find a way to cover the holes as well as pull the dash and get rid of all heat/ac related stuff. as soon as everything i want to delete is gone i can pull the harness and bring it inside. then i can start getting rid of all the unnecessary wires, and extending the appropriate ones for a cleaner harness.

Truck Build

Comment

• Made a block off plate and picked up a hella cheap rearend from a buddy. Not great but 3:42's are much better than 3:08's.

Last edited by storey618; 01-22-2018, 01:59 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

• You’re gonna see some big improvements with that 3:42. 3:08s suck in most situations. I guess they put them in there for towing or emissions or some other bularky but...come on GM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
                              You’re gonna see some big improvements with that 3:42. 3:08s suck in most situations. I guess they put them in there for towing or emissions or some other bularky but...come on GM.
                              They are super highway gears but they'll still light the TIRE up lol im excited to see what the 3:42 can do, probably gonna end up welding it since it was so cheap

Also forgot to post that I snagged a base model mirror which looks alot like the sport mirrors that are way expensive on eBay. Just gotta find a driver side

Truck Build

Comment

• well, today i finally freed the wiring harness from the truck. had to get it in the air to unplug two trans sensors and also cut one of the grounds from the back of the heads. but, its out and i can finally start getting to work on it.

the picture dosnt do it justice, it looks so much better without any wiring laying on the motor

and the harness. all of the big wire conduit is already torn off. tomorrow i will start cutting off the tape and cutting out wires. once thats done im gonna route the sensor wires seperately in their own coduit so i dont have an entire wiring loom hanging out on the valve cover like it was (check previous pictures)

Truck Build

Comment

Working...
                                X