No announcement yet.

Truck stuff and things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spindles were out for delivery today so i went ahead and pulled the truck apart. should be back together and down on the ground tomorrow morning sometime. then it will go back up once my pinion angle shims show up! i apologize for the god awful pictures. i sold my good camera a while back. i always use my phone but ill try to start using my point and shoot more.

Originally posted by BozoBubble
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

trucks all back together. i scraped a few times on my test drive.
      it feels so good to be back at an unreasonable height!

Last edited by storey618; 06-30-2017, 02:57 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

some better pictures. the rear looks alot weirder in pictures than it does in person.
        it will be sorted eventually, just have to aquire the funds for some zq8 springs.
        they are currently sitting at my local junkyard waiting for me

Last edited by storey618; 06-30-2017, 02:58 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

nothing new, just some random pictures from the weekend.
          i had to help my brother with his brakes and nothing went the way it was supposed to.
          so the truck got zero love. i do have plans to work on it this week/weekend though

Truck Build

Comment

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something I really like about that maroon Subie. Is it packing any big mods under hood?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
              I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something I really like about that maroon Subie. Is it packing any big mods under hood?
              thats my boy ivans. right now its a stock 2.2. he has all the parts needed to turbo it but hes been living in an apartment with no garage and i havent had the free space. but in the next few weeks hes moving into my place for a bit so you guys may end up seeing more of it.

Truck Build

Comment

spent my morning changing my front brake hose. last night i went to leave work and the driver side decided to be like my fuel pump and peace out. also noticed when my dad sat on the truck bed it squatted in a pretty dope way. hopefully the camper shell im gonna be putting on can get me some cheap haggard low lol

Truck Build

Comment

not much of an update, starting to peel the plastidip off the grille so it matches the wheels,
                  the picture was kinda funny next to a stock height 4wd ranger

and then my dad shared this today, yall remember osiris shoes? lol my first truck in the garage. 1987 s10, 1 of the 5 ive owned. im like 15 in that picture. i dont know if anyone knows what i look like now...but its not like that.

Truck Build

Comment

so the trucks been down since last friday.
                    i installed my pinion angle shims just to find out that they shoved the driveshaft all the way into the transmission. so i ordered some set back plates.
                    they came in this morning so i got everything buttoned up.
                    the grind still happens in second gear very lightly so ill probably get the driveshaft shortened soon.
                    i also painted some tire letters

Truck Build

Comment

took the day off tomorrow. hopefully tackling quite a few projects. first off being installing my trans mount spacers that i made today. random picture, more probably coming tomorrow at some point.

Truck Build

Comment

spent almost all day messing with the truck. got my transmission shimmed, grill color matched, emblem and air cleaner cover matched to my wheel centers, put on an exhaust hanger, washed and polished the truck, and finished off by finally using a real camera to take some pictures

Truck Build

Comment

i have not known what to do with myself at work with stanceworks being down!!!

not much has happened with the truck. mostly just been helping others with their shit. roll my buddies rx8 fenders with a bat because im a hood kid...i guess

then cleaned up under the hood. it looks even better in person.

only other things are replacing the clutch on my fan, and some valve stem caps. because are you really ballin' if you rock those black plastic caps?! currently have money burning a hole in my pocket so i may end up going and picking up those zq8 lowering leafs sometime this week. they will lower the rear another 1.5" also i found a 4:10 rearend for $40 but the dude wont fucking text me back! we shall see how things play out

Truck Build

Comment

That color matched grille did wonders for the front end. Looks about 100x better than before, imo.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                              That color matched grille did wonders for the front end. Looks about 100x better than before, imo.
                              thanks dude! i definitely felt that it was a step in the right direction. i just need to get a new bumper and respray the valence then it should be even better. the valence isnt actually the same color, and the bumper is twisted with lots of rock chips.

Truck Build

Comment

This is really coming together. The teal grille looks dope, and the white detailing on the tires brings to mind the Camping World Truck series racers. Loving it so far.

BTW, when you get ready to purchase a bumper/roll pan you should check out LMC Truck. Their head office is like a 10 minute drive from my house and they make really high quality products.They might have repro'd ZR2 Fenders, too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X