Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Truck stuff and things

Finally got the motor out of the truck. I spent far too long trying to pull it before realizing there was still 1 bolt in the bottom of the trans. Next up is pulling the airbag wiring, and then degreasing and probably painting some stuff in the bay. Feels good to finally be wrenching on this thing again!

Quote Originally Posted by BozoBubble View Post
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

been messing with excess wiring, waiting for parts, and time to get the motor from my buddy.

headlight wiring loom was able to be stripped alot

all wrapped up

cleaned up the bay and painted the frame (didn't take an after picture)

conversion motor plates came in and i threw some paint on them

been really hard lately to buy swap parts lately and not wheels lol hopefully next year i can find some before it hits the road again

Truck Build

motor mounts came in, theyre from an older s10 with a 2.8l. they were necessary to be able to use the motor plates and apparently theyre a better design

also been trying to dye the red on my steering wheel

it looks good in pictures but awful in person. i cant get the dye to take near the stitching, or the front part of the wheel. trying to figure out what to do now because i cant go back to red.

Truck Build

I am skeptical to see any interior pieces being painted, but especially pieces that get touched a lot. That paint or dye is not going to last long. Especially not on something that is being constantly in contact with warm sweaty, greasy, hands.

I have an all-black MOMO I'd be happy to sell....

Plus one on painting interior stuff.
    Just replace the steering wheel with something you like. Extra money, but in the end about a thousand times better.
    Those plates look very well executed, and with the better style mounts it should be a breeze. Hope you don't mind me stealing the design of the plates
    "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

well i took your guys advice after repeatedly failing to get dye to stick and bought another wheel, it should be here today when i get out of work.

this weekend i finally got the motor from my buddy. it appears to be a reman with really few miles on it.

when i got home i pulled the pan off to figure out what the noise was that made him pull it.

need to grab a crank pulley puller before i can go any farther with inspection. im really hoping that the cylinder walls are okay.

other than those shenanigans i picked a battery relocation kit and an adjustable shifter. my buddy is in the process of making an adapter for the shifter.

Truck Build