No announcement yet.

Truck stuff and things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spent the morning wire wheeling all the rust and dirt off the new axle, then put some paint on it. sorry the pictures kind of suck, it was sunny out so i didnt have any lights on in the garage. while that dried i went ahead and beat all the bushings out of the new leafs and got the new poly bushings in one. tomorrow ill do the other spring. the axle still needs new brake lines, 3 studs for the axle, drums, and a new cover. ill probably just rob the cover and drums off the stock axle since they're the same.

before

after wire wheeling

all the shit that came off

after paint

oem bushing

poly bushing(i did put the pin in there)

Originally posted by BozoBubble
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

• got the rest of the poly bushings in the leaf springs, then tore the axle apart. had to beat the drum off with a punch, and destroy the dif cover with snips. the backing plates, wheel cylinders, brakes, drums, and dif cover were all garbage so the plan is to just rob everything except maybe the brake hard lines off the stock axle. i will probably end up changing the bearings and axle seals while everythings apart.

Truck Build

Comment

• Wouldn't it be a good time to switch to disc brakes?

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
          Wouldn't it be a good time to switch to disc brakes?
          kits are not cheap, and a new axle from a newer blazer/s10 with disc brakes runs $200. i have been doing nothing but reading on a way to swap discs for cheap. if i find a way it isnt like its very hard to pull the axles and backing plates off.

went to home depot this morning and grabbed a couple mdf boards in yet another attempt at making a dash. testing this morning didnt go great in terms of success but, i did learn quite a bit and i believe came up with a way to execute it.

Truck Build

Comment

• took a random picture of the truck

spent sunday morning doing full drilled a slotted rotors on the gti that i previously put the exhaust on

then went to get the rest of the stuff for the axle before work. also stopped and grabbed my bolts for the shortened sway bar end links!

Truck Build

Comment

• got the truck in the garage today and started pulling the back end apart. my girlfriend wanted bigby so i didnt get very far. also, all the pieces for my "homemade" bump steer kit showed up from speedway!

might end up needing shorter adjusters, or have to cut some threads off the inner tie rods to fix toe. (they weigh in at 5lbs together. going to weigh stock when they're out)

Truck Build

Comment

• I did a thing

Last edited by storey618; 03-08-2018, 02:02 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

• it was hell but i got the axle and leaf springs out this morning. tomorrow ill be trying to get it all back together.

also since i suck at keeping secrets, these are heading my way

they are 17x8.5 king germany k1000's (i think) does anyone know anything about these wheels? ive only seen one other set online and its in the stanceworks 3 spoke appreciation thread.

Truck Build

Comment

• Those wheels are dope.

Comment

• 3 spokesssssssssss yay!

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Asshole Bicycle View Post
                        Those wheels are dope.
                        Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                        3 spokesssssssssss yay!
                        thanks guys, im really stoked about them!

today i got the new leaf springs in, the old axle and leafs seperated and then put the new axle in. its so much more stable with the new poly bushings in the leaf springs. im really excited to see how it handles when im all done!

out with the old

in with the new

Truck Build

Comment

• Cant wait to see those wheels on this thing
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• well sadly after finishing up the axle today and doing a bunch of thinking i canceled my order on those wheels. as much as i love them, they just didnt fit what i was doing with the truck nor would they have fit right in the back after having to get an adapter.

got the dif cleaned up, put the cover and axles on, then made up some very ugly brake lines. the car is going to shit so the truck needs to be wrapped up real soon before i dont have a ride.

Truck Build

Comment

• u bolts cut and tightened, driveshaft hooked up, gear oil in the dif, 3 studs put in the passenger axle, and half ass bled the brakes. shes standing on her own finally. getting it legal by this friday is starting to look pretty promising!

the track width measures 57 3/4" rear and 53 1/2" in the front so im gonna search for some good spacers tonight.

also, i got ahold of djm suspension for a few stickers. they ended up sending me like 10 stickers and a shirt!

Truck Build

Comment

• yesterday i cut down the tie rods but didnt cut enough. so, today ill be cutting off another half inch. since i couldnt get anywhere with that project i decided to pull the washer tank, and put the dash back in. looks alot better on the inside now. still need to put a few more screws and pieces on the dash and hang the ecu so it isnt just flopping around.

Truck Build

Comment

Working...
                                X