Bagged BBS E30 Hoarde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagged BBS E30 Hoarde

Alright so we'll call this a "feeler", since there's a lot going on here. Basically, you're looking at a labor of love and a 'rolling project' of mine over the past few years, and the project I'd always dreamed of completing. However, sometimes we have to abandon some dreams to pursue others, which may well have to happen here.

I've been collecting and hoarding the parts to build a top notch e30 for years now, and finally have just about every ingredient to build the car I'd dreamed of. However, with a cross-country move looming, no workspace at the other end, and another dream car of mine having just joined the stable, I think I might have to consider letting somebody else finish this thing off and take it to the next level that I'd always envisioned for it. I legitimately have rooms full of stuff available that can come with the car or stay with me, depending on your budget, so the extent of "project" this is can vary from just driving it as is, as I have been every summer as I continue to improve it, or a repaint, all the way to an S50 (or even potentially S38, if you can convince me to let it go) swap, BBS kit retrofit, repaint, and beyond.

***Please note that this is NOT a partout, and most of these parts (aside from maybe the complete s50 swap) won't be available separately unless the car were to sell first without them.

That said, the car:

It's a 1990 BMW 325i that I bought just about three years ago now. I wasn't in the market for an E30 at the time, but I'd always wanted one in Calypsorot, and this one was a perfectly preserved, solid, and rust free example that had come over to the Northeast from California, with records to prove it. Sure, the clear coat had the typical failure, but I'd legitimately never seen such a straight and solid E30 in my area, so I bought it. Odometer reads somewhere in the like 205k range IIRC. It had been broken when I got it, I replaced the gears right away, but the speedo is still occasionally intermittent so I'm assuming that wasn't the problem and haven't gotten around to diagnosing any further. Therefore, I expect true mileage to be a bit higher than odometer reads due to the occasional intermittency.

The body is in beautiful shape. There's NO rot at all, anywhere on the car. No corrosion anywhere at all really, save for a 3 square inch area of surface rust in front of the driver's rear wheel that was treated and sprayed with black rattle can paint. The clear coat is in rough shape as stated, so with plans of a respray I just made sure to keep it from actually rusting.

The undercarriage is also in amazing shape. No corrosion, no rusted bolts, nothing. It's a dream to work on compared to any other older car I've owned.

The M20b25 runs great, pulls strong, with no major leaks or noises, anything like that. Got a full tune-up when I picked it up, all new fluids, filters, plugs, etc, and has gotten all it's regular maintenance done since. I have stacks of receipts and I think records from the previous owners to show. Current engine is pretty much unmodified short of a SuperSprint exhaust that sounds great. Not annoying, but just enough noise to force a smile when you get into it.

The original Tan Comfort Interior is in beautiful condition with only normal signs of use. A seam is starting to split on the driver's seat, some normal staining and discoloration on the tan carpet, and a broken bracket for the driver's side dome light, couple small cracks in the coin tray on the dash (obviously). Everything else is pretty much mint.

I knew immediately that I wanted to go lower, and after going back and forth for a few months after I got the car, I decided to bag it. It's got a full Airlift system with V2 Digital management. The controller is mounted in the dash in place of the broken OBC. Tank is mounted to the bottom of the speaker shelf in the trunk with a faux wood panel (to replace the hideous afterthought factory cardboard backing) on the back of the seats holding brackets for the manifold and compressor, simple and clean hardline setup running back behind the rear seat where soft lines run to each bag. Sound deadening was added behind the wood paneling behind the seats to cut down on noise. It's a subtle but clean setup, and keeps the trunk useable if necessary.

I threw a set of 16x7.5 Borbet Type A's under it for daily summer use/cruising. However, I'd had a set of 4x100 BBS RT centers that I'd been hoarding for this very reason, so I built those out to 16x8.5 and 9.5 with 3 and 4" lips. Realized these were a bit overly aggressive, so I pulled the rear subframe and added Garagistic Camber Tabs to get the lips back in for spot-on fitment. While I was in there I added poly bushings all around, repainted everything, and rebuilt and swapped in a 3.73 LSD to replace the open 3.73 that had been there. Also cleaned up the exhaust and replaced all hardware and gaskets while I was there, among other things.

I'm sure there's a bunch of other stuff that I'm forgetting to mention, but you get the gist.

The "additionals":

-I have the Borbet wheels, as stated.

-I have the BBS wheels, as stated. They legitimately have like 8 miles on them.

- I have a complete s50 swap available for the car, with just about everything you'd need to get it in, sans mounts and a couple other small things. Even have a complete immaculate Dbilas Individual throttle body setup to go with the S50, if interested.

-I have a complete S38B36 drivetrain. The motor is currently at the machine shop being rebuilt, and the plan was to swap this guy in come springtime

-I have a couple sets of recaro seats. One is an original survivor set of tan cloth KRS' from the 80's that I picked up complete with all the original paperwork, stickers, even lumbar pads. I made custom brackets for these to be fit with the original recaro sliders. These can be seen in some of the photos. The other is a black set with halo headrests that I'd picked up thinking maybe I'd recover the whole interior in a saddle leather or something (the tan ones were too nice to recover, IMO)

-I have a complete, beautiful late model (type 2) BBS body kit that I had shipped over from France. This includes front bumper, rear bumper, skirts and cladding, all in amazing shape for their age. A couple mounting studs had been cut, but the plastics are all in amazing shape, and it's fully savable. I even tracked down a matching BBS heckspoiler and shipped that in from Russia to go with it. These kits are incredibly rare and expensive. I've only seen a handful of them anywhere. It's gorgeous.

-I have a couple nardi and a couple momo steering wheels and shift knobs and stuff that I was always swapping in and out.

-I have a mint husco armrest in the car.

-I have tons of other stuff.

Photos:

(without tank)

(with tank)

Obviously there are endless variables here, so there's no set price for anything. Obviously there's a ridiculous amount of stuff here, so I'm forgetting plenty. I also have far more photos but not here on this computer at the time of this posting. Basically, your best bet is to contact me via email at MattCashman9@gmail.com and we can go over details and prices, send photos, etc. There are countless hours of work in the car already, and I honestly wouldn't even want to THINK of how much I have invested in the car itself, let alone my parts horde, so please bare in mind that this isn't a "cheap" project car, but it's amazing example of a turn-key project that's ready for the next level, with tons of quality work already done.

There's also a build thread on here somewhere that I started years ago, but never really updated. But you can check it out if you're interested in seeing a little bit more of what went into it at the beginning.

That said, please don't reach out expecting to offer bottom dollar for anything, and please respect my time if you're only looking to kick tires, since the main reason I'm even considering moving this along to a new owner is a lack of free time at the moment. Please DO reach out if you're legitimately interested in taking this thing to the next level, and have a decent appreciation of the time and money that's gone into it so far.

I'm located just north of Boston, MA, but the car is currently stored away at my parents' house in New Hampshire for the winter, so showings would have to be arranged at a time we could both meet up there.

Thanks for looking!

-Matt
    Last edited by MittCatchman; 04-03-2017, 03:20 PM.

Sent you a email

Comment

Replied

Comment

Starting to think I wouldn't mind moving this thing down the road. 8k as it sits on Air and Borbets, plenty of package deals available with other parts. Contact me for all the details you want or need

Comment

Email sent...Thanks.

Comment

Emails Replied. Also open to interesting/fun trades - provided it's not something that I'd be immediately tempted to turn into another long-term project. Long shot, but would even be open to adding in my beautiful driver quality '69 BMW 2002 in a trade for a clean aircooled 911 or similar (Targa/SC welcome)

Comment

Let me know if you are interested in parting ways with the tan recaros

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
                Let me know if you are interested in parting ways with the tan recaros
                I'll add you to the list, lol.

Comment

Nice car����

Comment

Working...
                  X