X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This car looks so good in person.

Comment

BATTLESTATIONS

Rear coils are installed. Fought the stock ones something fierce to get them out, not the lower bolt (which is usually rusted on), just wrangling them through the suspension arms. This is about as low as the coils should run at the rear, any lower and the springs are slack under droop and you're lower than the recommended minimum height. I have a bit of rubbing on the driver's rear fender, needs a little roll. I may raise the rear up a bit anyway.

It rides surprisingly good. It's funny, with only the front coils on, it was still choppy and bouncy, turns out, as I'd thought, that was just due to the worn rear shocks. Even this low it feels great so far. Still firm and sporty (I'd wager stiffer than the OEM sport suspension) but not harsh and not riding on the bumpstops.

Patented (not really) Aitch method for pulling fenders. Jack up, insert thick stack of cardboard, lower gently.

Result

Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

Now that looks good.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
        I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

That looks very good.

Comment

Looks sick!

Comment

Plate is finally here:

Comment

Damn. Nice e38 man!
                Lucas
                Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                Originally posted by LCG
                High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Wrap is nearly done. Will try to do some real photos this weekend to show the actual color.

Until then:

IMG_0023.jpg

Comment

Looks so good

Comment

SitRep: Exterior vinyl is done. Interior vinyl is mostly done. Headlights now have aftermarket bixenon projectors in both the high and low beam housings, because the passenger OEM low beam housing had also lost it's reflective surface. So I just went full aftermarket. I still need to adjust the beams a little bit. I also added the front bumper splitters from eBay.

Also had to replace my radiator (which sprung a leak), drive belts, and top radiator hose (which was slightly too big and rubbing on the fan when it got hot and expanded).

The exterior vinyl is Gloss Midnight Blue from Arlon, which was discontinued this year so I got it at a killer price. Close up there are a few areas that aren't perfect, but considering I didn't pay a shop $2-4000 I'm more than satisfied.

I took these photos in the same spot as my first ones, so you can see the before and after.

Comment

Ah this is cool as!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the interior when you modernise the woodgrain, don't think I've seen a v12 7 series before bet it's thirsty right?
                        LIL HIGH x LIL LOW

My stage 3 Focus ST MK2 build:
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...CON-1-Focus-ST

Comment

Wow!!! Wait, has the car always been blue??? I could have swore it was black lol stunning big bus...
                          My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Originally posted by Fudge View Post
                            Ah this is cool as!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the interior when you modernise the woodgrain, don't think I've seen a v12 7 series before bet it's thirsty right?
                            Thanks! The last photo shows the new vinyl woodgrain on the interior. I didn't do any other interior shots as it was dirty and the shift boot was torn. I get ~15mpg in daily driving, can get 20-22mpg on the highway.

Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
                            Wow!!! Wait, has the car always been blue??? I could have swore it was black lol stunning big bus...
                            You're not wrong, at the start of the thread you can see it was black. This is blue vinyl.

Comment

new color looks great!

Comment

Damn son, looks so good

Comment

Working...
                                X