X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amazing thread. Love a euro wagon
    1968 1600SP Beetle build thread

Comment

I want to start this post by thanking you guys for the kind words, really appreciate it and it motivates me to get more work done. Let's get on with a update on the wheels.

We had some nice weather last weedend and today and did some more sanding while waiting for my paint to arrive. Stripped the other back wheel of the paint and got to sanding, not the most fun job to do but sitting in the sun and listening to some nice music it could be worse. Wetsanded all the way up to 600

After that is was time to take a little break and enjoy the sun and ofcouse a nice cold Erdinger!

Rears ready for paint

And then paint!

Both in primer at the moment. Wetsanding them with grind 2000 tomorrow before the colour gets on. When the colour is on they get sanded with 2000 once more before I put on the last coat of paint.

Comment

So work has been slow because I've been a lazy motherfucker but I did manage to get some shit done.

Started the teardown of the M50

Really glad they both came out in one piece after reading how easily they could break

License plate light wouldn't come out because of some rusted bolts, got mad and broke the units

New oem units

And I finally painted the wheels, only need some tires and spacers

That's it for now. I'll try to update this thread more frequently, somewhere next week there is some exciting news coming so stay tuned!

Comment

Because who doesn't want two E30 tourings in Mugello rot, more info and pics coming soon!

Comment

Hey fons!

Looking good man! Gotta love borbet A's!

Ik rijd zelf een e36, met 17'borbets - kzie dat je uit eindhoven komt? (De sticker)

Een keertje meeten?

Comment

Originally posted by michel3171 View Post
              Hey fons!

Looking good man! Gotta love borbet A's!

Ik rijd zelf een e36, met 17'borbets - kzie dat je uit eindhoven komt? (De sticker)

Een keertje meeten?
              Thanks for the kind words, saw your E36 on here and that one is also coming along nicely. I'm not from Eindhoven but I do live nearby, if there is a meeting hit me up and I will see if I can make it.

Comment

So last week I got myself a second touring. Both cars are basically the same. The new car is a '94 Mugello rot E30 316I touring edition with 187k KM on the clock. Picked this car up because of the bodywork on the other car. For what I've seen this car is rust free but have to get in on the lift to do a more in depth inspection of the underside. This will be the body for the M50 once it's done and swap the M40 into my old car.

Well as you can see this body also needs some work but it's not nearly as bad as my other touring. I'm really happy with the car, now I can drive one and prepare the other for the engine. Doing a project on a daily isn't as easy as I tought it would be if you need it for work and stuff. That's it for now folks, hope you like it!

Comment

Working...
                X