• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to buy camera!

i want to get into photography

my budget would be between $500-$800

what camera would you recomend?

i have a rebuilt nikon d40 i might part with that comes with two lenses, remote, and all the og boxes for $360 + shipping. let me know. use the money saved and get a tripod and another lens. will post some of my amateur pics if you want to see them.

Comment

Are you planning on spending at least 3 times that on lenses in the future?

If you aren't dead-set on a DSLR I'd suggest a G series Canon.
      Jason
      flickr
      build thread

Comment

get your pre-order in

Comment

The reason i actually joined this forum is because of the hardparkers excellent photography skills and knowledge. I have been reading a lot of reviews and it seems that the features included in the d3100 are for more then what was my expectations for a entry level SLR. Also, with the great quality of its predecessor the d3000 having a great quality just lacking certain features. Apparently the d3100 is also the lightest on the market and one of the best fitting body's.
          00 Subaru RSTI (Garage Queen), 95 Miata (Daily Track Rat)

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
            Are you planning on spending at least 3 times that on lenses in the future?

If you aren't dead-set on a DSLR I'd suggest a G series Canon.
            This. Lenses cost A TON of money if you aren't prepared to spend a ton of money after this body to advance your photography buy a G series.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

You can always purchase used lenses and save a ton of money... FYI

Comment

You can save lots of money by buying used, but that doesn't prevent you from spending way more on lenses than you will on the body.

80% of my lenses were bought used but I've still spent over $2k on them.
                Jason
                flickr
                build thread

Comment

Originally posted by BMWidmer View Post
                  You can always purchase used lenses and save a ton of money... FYI
                  I know, but that doesn't change the fact that when you buy a used lens like a 70-200 F2.8 that you still didn't spend more on the lens than the body because you did. Good lenses will always cost big money, and because you need more than just one you will certainly spend more on lenses than you did on the body.
                  Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
                  You can save lots of money by buying used, but that doesn't prevent you from spending way more on lenses than you will on the body.

80% of my lenses were bought used but I've still spent over $2k on them.
                  This.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Well i guess you have to pay to play... I just pre-ordered the Nikon D3100 and i can't wait. Also my neighbor is a professional photographer and he has lent me lenses in the past for my 35mm nikon... And that's why i was leaning towards the fact that a lot of older lens are compatible that are still very good and you could possibly get a deal on.

Comment

i'm picking up a sony nex-5 this week. i can't be bothered to lug around a dslr, and having an aps-c sized sensor is nice

Comment

Here's a good deal:
                        http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...9#post12191399

Comment

Working...
                        X