Another classic bimmer build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really impressive!
    Late e34's had interior with wood trim on door panels and dash. It definitely would be a good upgrade.
    Instagram valgers97

Comment

totally dig the e34. makes me totally miss my 95 e34 525i 5 spd. not sure if you have a local junkyard in your area. but you should check out if they do, when i had mine i went to my local pick n pull once a week, which had an abundance of e34 and e32 for parts. you can find a e32 that has the same matching interior as yours and pull the rear head rest, center rear compartment arm est, and the rear map light that goes in the upper c pillar. all direct fitment. just make sure you're pulling the right now, if i remember correct there was two version of rear head rest and only one fit my 95 e34 but your earlier ones could be different to mine.

Comment

Thanks guys. I actually don't know if I would like to switch to a wood interior, I like this one a lot and I would just swap the front seats for leather sport ones but they're nearly impossible to find down there...

Would like to add the rear head rests yes, that would be cool. What do you mean about the rear map light ? I already have lights in my rear C pillar
        525i E34 build thread
        325is E36 build thread

Comment

Forgot to mention that an Air Lift Performance kit is coming mid-May to bag the car... Can't wait !
          525i E34 build thread
          325is E36 build thread

Comment

Originally posted by djlowd View Post
            Thanks guys. I actually don't know if I would like to switch to a wood interior, I like this one a lot and I would just swap the front seats for leather sport ones but they're nearly impossible to find down there...

Would like to add the rear head rests yes, that would be cool. What do you mean about the rear map light ? I already have lights in my rear C pillar

If you notice the light in the c pillar only turns on when the doors open. In the e32 and some e34 they come with a secondary light that you can turn when you’re sitting inside the car. (Hence map light) I also like the option of turning the rear center armrest into one that has a compartment.

Stoked that your bagging it. When I had mine I always wanted to do it but I was too poor back then.

Comment

Oh yes okay Fil I understand what you mean ! I might manage to find those lights down there... About the rear armrest, I'm not sure it'll be very useful with the VIP center tablet I made, and this one could have some evolutions again so I'll see... Thanks for your interest, I love your Merc
              525i E34 build thread
              325is E36 build thread

Comment

Originally posted by djlowd View Post
                Forgot to mention that an Air Lift Performance kit is coming mid-May to bag the car... Can't wait !
                Niiiice! Can't wait to see it too!
                How much it cost?
                Instagram valgers97

Comment

I paid about 2100€ for the 4 struts w/ bags and the whole manual management kit, with Viair compressor, air tank, air lines, fittings etc...
                  525i E34 build thread
                  325is E36 build thread

Comment

A little late, but I finally got around to moving some photos to flickr.

These are the '95 only panels. They have a different insert than all other model years.

And the rear reading/map lights that you were asking about.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

• Thanks for the pics I understand what you mean now

Here are some pictures with a friend's 328i E36, he is bagged and I'm still static on those pics. Air Lift Performance kit is coming on 15th, can't wait !

525i E34 build thread
                      325is E36 build thread

Comment

• Nice project, how difficult is to instal front coilovers?
                        low'n'slow

Comment

• where did you get those flag holders?

Comment

• Mad build!

Comment

• Hey guys !

Here are some pictures to illustrate the Air Lift Performance setup on the car... Don't hesitate to ask questions if needed ! You'll see the result on bottom too. Fab work and welding on front/rear suspension, trunk setup, air hoses...

525i E34 build thread
                              325is E36 build thread

Comment

• Love the car!

Comment

Working...
                                X