Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who said panting yourself wheels is a bad idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andybob View Post
    I was just putting that out there for people that are thinking about painting their wheels.

And yeah, Ceramic pads are the way to go. I have them on my car, even though its a Kia... lol
    thanks for the input man, hey dude i can see a stanced Kia...its all good
    sigpic

Comment

sold these wheels and got some style 5's and they are not rattle canned lol powder coated!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XeRo View Post
        Thread title...WTF!?
        my guess.. english isnt his first language.

Comment

Originally posted by OG patina View Post
          my guess.. english isnt his first language.
          thats exactly right!
          im from South Africa give me a break lol
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pumpin_fistsE36 View Post
            sold these wheels and got some style 5's and they are not rattle canned lol powder coated!!!!
            Nice, let me know when you have them mounted. I'd like to see the progress.

Comment

I think you type amazingly fluently for a second language- even better than some (read: most) of us Americans/Canadians/U.K. blokes.

btw, LOVE the spray job you did, thanks for taking time and doing things the RIGHT way.

edit:don't get mad if I missed your country lol

Comment

My sprayed wheels

just got done with mine, dont expect long term but just to get me through the summer

Comment

i made this at 3 in the morning i was tired and wasnt thinking straight give me a break haha
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Justa_Lowlife View Post
                    I think you type amazingly fluently for a second language- even better than some (read: most) of us Americans/Canadians/U.K. blokes.

btw, LOVE the spray job you did, thanks for taking time and doing things the RIGHT way.

edit:don't get mad if I missed your country lol
                    haha thanks! im from South Africa and English is not my first language but the title was just a mistake due to me being overly tired from working on the car all night lol

thank you i took my time and did it right, no point in half assing something and having to redo it later! but these wheels have been sold and i bought some BBS style 5's
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e36cabrio View Post
                      just got done with mine, dont expect long term but just to get me through the summer
                      look good man!
                      sigpic

Comment

if you use rattle can you ARE half-assing. get real dude rattlecan is shit for anything that is exposed to sunlight/weather. their "clearcoat" isnt really going to help you much either, its non-catalyzed. if you want to say you did it the right way you have to use quality materials and not be lazy.

for the record i do custom paint for a living you can check my other posts/blog for work i have done, im not talking out of my ass.
                        *CLICKY*add us on the facebook
                        blog www.gotoelevens.blogspot.com *** www.AceUpMotorsports.com ***www.azdriven.com board sponser

Comment

I don't think anyone is debating the fact that a proper paint job or powder coat is going to be superior to the rattle can. For what he had, the wheels turned out great. Definitely one of the better examples that I've seen. Anyways, he's moved on to a new set of wheels, which are powder coated.

Comment

Originally posted by hypercrush View Post
                            if you use rattle can you ARE half-assing. get real dude rattlecan is shit for anything that is exposed to sunlight/weather. their "clearcoat" isnt really going to help you much either, its non-catalyzed. if you want to say you did it the right way you have to use quality materials and not be lazy.

for the record i do custom paint for a living you can check my other posts/blog for work i have done, im not talking out of my ass.
                            umm okay your an idiot. i dont care how much custom work you claim you did, these wheels looked like they came from the factory this way. the pictures do it no justice so you have no reason to talk shit other than the fact that you have nothing better to do. the paint on these wheels will last a long time for the guy who bought them from me. your a jackass. they were NOT half assed, i sanded them down to the bare metal, gave it 3 coats of primer, i then wet sanded the primer to get it smooth at as can be, i gave it 5 coats of paint and then 4 coats of clear. you have no idea how good these wheels look or what your talking about. these wheels look remarkable for a rattle can paint job. "get real dude" jackass.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hypercrush View Post

and the fact that i sold them for $1300 should say enough. get real my ass idiot.
                              sigpic

Comment

great post OP i just wanted to add i just wanted to say that if you guys are looking for good paint and i mean the best rattle can paint you could buy, you should be looking at writing paint for graffiti.

*both montana
                                *ironlak
                                *belton

to name a few. think of a color. you got it if you go with this shit.

i also like using orange or pink caps to cover a wheel in a couple strokes. don't use stock caps to paint wheels it fucking sucks!~

if anybody has a question about graff paint or something related just pm ill point you in the right direction =D
                                Last edited by stella.werks; 02-05-2011, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X