1990 C33 Street car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 C33 Street car

Hi I'm from Spring Hill, FL! First time ever being on forum stuff like this, have really been wanting to do a progress build so I decided why not do it on my most recent purchase; a c33 laurel. Previously I had a 1985 Toyota Corolla, had way too many issues and a friend throwing it up on a sidewalk kind of made me lose motivation in it. Pictured below!@ But anyway, I've always been into taking photos so I figure why not do a little bit of documenting. Feel free to follow things real-time ish on Instagram if you're interested; takethetrashout.
    Take note I'm only 21 and constantly broke lol. I'll update with this car as much as I possibly can as it's a big priority for me.

I only have a few photos of out of car since it's been sitting in my garage waiting to get loved lol.

Anddd my old ae86 I miss dearly

Info on the car is I've had it for about 2 weeks now, it's a super weak base model with like 70k miles, but we never got them state side so I figure throw some money at it and it'll get there lol. Car is currently 4 lug, auto, & single cam. Only thing I've done to it is put an R32 GTST fuel pump in it(hand me down from a friend that went to a 255). It seems like they're rare and I've always been a big fan of 4 doors. I myself am more into oldschool Toyota stuff but I went on a whim and decided to snag this baby up. Back story of the purchase was I had gone to a local 'dealership' and they had it. It ended up running like garbage (bad tps) .. I didn't bother buying one because I knew it needed an rb20det and I finally need to own something boosted.

So basically within the past week my friend and I have gone and picked up an rb20det from a random local. Compression checked out pretty decent. Whoever had it, did not take care of it too well though. Had some leaks, missing coil pack cover, screwed up wiring harness, that hideous 'tiffany' blue timing cover (the fact that it's just the one part makes it bad). I've never owned a boosted car in my life (I'm 21, first car / license was at age 18.) Hence why I kind of jumped at this. Anyway here are a few photos of the RB we had picked up.

After we got done checking the compression, I was actually really pumped it didn't need anything major. I'm currently waiting for some gaskets, seals, and a few timing components in the mail. So that I can start disassembling and reassembling / getting her all ready to put in.

Moving forward, I cannot stand the blue, let alone unpainted valve covers so I started disassembling and went at sanding. (needed new valve cover gaskets anyway) I ended up deciding with wrinkle black, not too sure what I'm going to do about a coilpack cover yet since this swap didn't come with one. (a somewhat local guy is actually going to 'deliver' one to me within the next few days hopefully.) Anyway, my friend wanted to paint them so he went ahead and started spraying them up.

Anyway, after we stared at them for a while(yes we literally watched paint dry lol) we ended up pulling the trans off to see if we got lucky with a nice clutch/flywheel set up. I had seen a couple things hinting that it had been taken apart/changed (missing a bell housing bolt, mismatched valve cover bolts, wiring specialties coilpack harness, some random crappy fuel pressure regulator.. So we had that all done and sadly we found a mostly shot clutch and a lame flywheel. I decided I didn't want to run the same flywheel(yes I know it could've been resurfaced but I figure if it's a going to be freshened up, it's already out of the car I might as well commit and just get a new clutch / flywheel. Sorry for the blurry flywheel photo, had the wrong lens on hand.

As of that I'm currently waiting for a lot of stuff to come in the mail. On the other side for little misc things my girlfriend (who rules) had gotten me this super sweet steering wheel for Christmas.. I've never heard of the brand but made in Italy and it's dark purple leather. I've yet to see anything like it.

This will be my last update for just a little bit until some stuff comes in! Thanks for the read/interest if you have any!
    Last edited by freddie; 01-23-2017, 05:53 PM.

This could be promising... In for more!

Comment

Ahhh I love laurels. Your rolla was really clean too those meshies did it a justice. Subb'd for sure!

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

I actually got a lot of packages today in the mail, felt like christmas.
        -R32 gtst wiring harness and 5 speed ecu
        -master and slave (ebay listed as exedy but idk im ok with it though)
        -fmic(yes it's cx racing im broke lol, eventually ill try to get something a bit nicer)
        -legit 180sx ebrake handle since c33's came with foot brakes.

I'm still waiting on pedals I bought almost 4 weeks ago.... Might have to look into where they are. Apart from that I think I'm going to be able to get going on this. I plan on keeping AC and PS, luckily all of my accessories are cross compatible. Car is also converted to R134 AC. I'm also sorry for the blurry photos as I rushed since I'm running around for work and want to be consistent on here! I'm stuck working long shifts until Monday, so either Monday or Tuesday I'll try to get the car to my buds shop so we can start disassembling.

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
          Ahhh I love laurels. Your rolla was really clean too those meshies did it a justice. Subb'd for sure!
          I'm a huge fan of mesh wheels on older cars. I was looking for some 16' SSR reverse mesh but I think I've decided to go with 18s after my friend and I chatted about drivability.

Comment

keen to see where this goes

Comment

I also got this s13 shell when I had purchased the rb20det. I saw it had coilovers and z32 front brakes so I said sure I'll take it lol. This thing is a complete piece of shit. (If anyone needs any parts or anything I'll give it to you for cheap.) Went to go pull off the rear coilovers and found a a couple of suspension goodies, was told it also has an LSD so that is probably coming with me too once I can verify. Down side to today was that I was suppose to be at my buddies at like 11, it's now 1:26 and my c33 isn't running for shit. Called insurance company and am getting a free tow though . Updates to come when I make it out there!

Last edited by freddie; 01-23-2017, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Yeah once you're putting power down with that RB you'll be happy you went with 18's haha.

Comment

So the tow truck came, got her loaded. More photos of car / little bit of interior. Also my buds r32 sedan. Friend is cleaning up his shop a bit before getting everything in and making a mess. Update soon hopefully!

Comment

Ended up getting a few more things done tonight, progress got halted when my girlfriend ended up getting sick and throwing up so I had to run home but I was lucky enough to get on back to the shop (30 minute drive there) and my buddy stayed up a bit later then usual and we got the drivetrain pulled out and are now in the process of degreasing/cleaning the engine bay. I decided to not paint it and try to just make it super pretty and all cleaned up for that factory/oem look(flashy setups are super neato but just too much upkeep for me, keep it simple and clean). The shop was somewhat clean in the beginning and by the end it had became a sweet mess real quick lol.. But I also got a coilpack cover from a dude a few hours away for $20 he even delivered it(thanks to this guy!!!), it looks like crap but it'll clean up really nice! Photos of progress below. Keep in mind the bay is still dirty and degreasing, updated photos tomorrow! also always time for ice cream breaks haha.

Last edited by freddie; 01-24-2017, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Oh hell yes

Comment

Subbed for more!
                        99 GS 400
                        85' 190d
                        99 Q45 (slightly nicer)
                        97' q45 (rip)
                        ig: erik.docx

Comment

Originally posted by freddie View Post
                          touching tips
                          Lucas
                          Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                          Originally posted by LCG
                          High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

absolutely love it when photographers make threads on here because they're just so beautiful to see and read.

Car is fucking sick too mate, all about them 4 doors

Comment

So we cleaned up the bay some more and I ended up getting more goodies in the mail!!!! I also found a rb20 front facing plenum top half semi-local for $100 so I'm just waiting for that in the mail + a few other little bits. I think rb20's idea of throttlebody placement is smarter but for looks it'll kinda help not take away from the valve covers/have a ton of intercooler piping filling up the bay. On another note I also had a friend who's out in Orlando(2-2.5 hours from me) who picked me up some rota grids(lol i know it's just a temp wheel until I can scrape together some change to buy some big boy wheels) and a BLITZ bov(car came with some ebay HKS style crap, definitely not running that lol. and the BOV was only $30 ) I'm going into work tonight but I have off all weekend and we plan on getting a lot done. I'm going to be picking up a z32 throttle cable from a buddies parts car so I can run it since the laurels is godly short since top mounted throttle-body. More photos / updates to come buds.

Last edited by freddie; 01-26-2017, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X