Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good And Biltema <3

Comment

Finally I got everything leaded and grinded down to the best of my abilities. I could go over some places to fill up pores, but I think it's good enough - and I'm SO tired of using lead on this sob.

And I then got some tinnfiller on it! Will probably go over it one or two passes more with filler after sanding it down to get it as good as I can before shipping the car over to the painter. Soon. Sooooon.
      '95 Bagged, Smoothed and ITB'd Miata 'Murderation'
      ,02 Lexus LS430 daily, soon to be VIP'ish
      youtube.com/user/HovdahlDaniel
      IG: osnap_dan
      snapchat: danielhovdahl

Comment

Lack of updates here because of work, and because it's not really interesting to look at the same applying bondo and sanding it down process over and over. Which is exactly how it's been.

Now, I knew before applying filler-primer that it wasn't going to be perfect. But looking at it in one single shade helps find out the spots that need attention.

Definiely needs more bondo and sanding, but it's getting there.

And it is going to be a long time until I shave and smooth another enginebay....

Comment

The process is going well just correct the small imperfections before applying the primer primer! If you applied remove to not have problems with possible bubbles in the painting, did you use sandpaper to finish the bondo? 320?
          drugstoreviewer.com

Comment

Originally posted by O'snap View Post
            And it is going to be a long time until I shave and smooth another enginebay....
            Told u so
            Lucas
            Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
            Originally posted by LCG
            High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by brat View Post
              The process is going well just correct the small imperfections before applying the primer primer! If you applied remove to not have problems with possible bubbles in the painting, did you use sandpaper to finish the bondo? 320?
              Yeah, this is filler primer and not ''regular'' primer. I will sand it down to smooth out the small pores and scratches and use more bondo on where I need to build more.

Comment

Great build love that your taking your time to do it the right way! Subbed for sure

Comment

Well, not much progress except sanding and more sanding in the enginebay inbetween insane work hours. I will make an update on it soon once things are starting to get ready for paint.

BUT

I've picked up a new daily.

2002 LS430 Ultra Luxury package, with every imageineable piece of kit you'd get back in '02. Had it for soon 3 weeks, and I can't help myself...

These are on their way from Japan as we speak, 18x9 up front and 19x10 Weds LXZ's on the rear. Will order an Airlift 3P kit for it in a few weeks, and I gotta figure out how to disable the oem air system and delete all the codes it will throw.

Ciao!

Comment

After too much time, I have an update that's worth showing

Between work, life and travels I FINALLY got around to finish too many hours of sanding primer and filler into something I was happy with.

Got it rolling and with help of good friends, trailered to the paint shop

Same colour as the body, just with a lot more Holo flakes and added sparsely the biggest gold flakes I could find. The entire enginebay needs a wetsand and polish to be smooth, get rid of hightops and some orangepeel in the clear because of the flakes, and some runs that occured. Thankfully we applied 2 litres of clear, so we have something to work with on that end to get it as shiny as a mirror!

Now I gotta start work on the engine, make it just as nice inside and out. Funds are low, so we'll see when I get around to rebuilding it.

Comment

Love the work youre putting in,
                      Peaked my interest when i saw a 1.6(Stock) in a 95, did some digging and i guess they offered them irregularly in 94s/95s, so you sort of had a cheap unicorn haha!
                      Keep it up. I've been thinking about bagging my ITB'd 1.6 91miata.
                      Canadian eh,

Comment

Awesome work within the bay, what a labor of love. Cant wait to see the final product
                        Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                        and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                        S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ExpelI View Post
                          Love the work youre putting in,
                          Peaked my interest when i saw a 1.6(Stock) in a 95, did some digging and i guess they offered them irregularly in 94s/95s, so you sort of had a cheap unicorn haha!
                          Keep it up. I've been thinking about bagging my ITB'd 1.6 91miata.
                          I did not know that! Almost a shame the 1.6 had to go!
                          Thanks man

Comment

Good read. Great build! Looking forward to updates.

needs moar lows

Comment

Looks super clean so far and love the background VIP build!

I also like running into Violent Fam unexpectedly.
                              Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
                                Looks super clean so far and love the background VIP build!

I also like running into Violent Fam unexpectedly.
                                Ahh sup dude! Thanks! Yeah the Lexus is an even slower build than the Miata as it's my 30k km a year daily. But I am hoping to save up for a set of Airlift struts for it and cannibalize the air setup of the Miata until I can afford a new 3P system.

Comment

Working...
                                X