Getting the Swede some Stance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the Swede some Stance...

Finally decided to join - I seek the help of the lowlifes in getting my Saab 900 looking a little better.

The car is a 1987 Saab 900 Turbo convertible, heavily modified for performance. I bought it basically stock 9 years ago in high school, and since then it has gone through quite a transformation - going from 160bhp stock to 400bhp (335whp) along with many interior/exterior changes and lots of rare Saab parts including the European-option Airflow kit. The car was featured in Eurotuner magazine in March of this year.

However I am done with pushing the performance envelope - I've got more power than the front wheels can handle as it is. And as I frequent car shows I find myself jealous of all the low, stretched & poked cars getting all the love. I'm interested in lowering the car further, picking out some rare wheels and a mild stretch to tuck them under those fat wheel arches.

Form has followed function pretty much the whole time I have owned the car, and it's time to change that. That's what brought me here!

If you're interested, here's the ET feature:

And various pics I like, copyright Sam Dobbins:

And a few I've taken:

Last edited by IronJoe; 08-21-2012, 10:49 AM.
    sigpic
    '87 Saab 900 Airflow
    '88 BMW M3

Looks good

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
    Originally posted by Oxer
    You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
    Originally posted by Average_Jerk
    Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

welcome to the forum mate! and well done on the mag feature
      not normally a saab fan always had them pinned as an old mans car but that looks mean

GIVING STANCE A CHANCE!

Comment

holy shittt!

it'd be cool to see stock photos of it and compare them to now, haha
        98' 328iS / 91' 735iL
        //Urband Legends Motorsport

Comment

damn i read about u in that mag waaay back. okay like a year or so lol. nice Saab their good cars!

Comment

Don't know how I overlooked this... love that you took a platform few are willing to even attempt to modify. Seems like you are gonna have to get creative on getting it low, comfortably. I'm having to do the same with my new project... makes it all the more fun. Start a build thread once you got a plan of attack for getting it low.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be doing a lot of reading here to learn all the little tricks - this side of modification is pretty new to me.

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Seems like you are gonna have to get creative on getting it low, comfortably. I'm having to do the same with my new project... makes it all the more fun. Start a build thread once you got a plan of attack for getting it low.
              Ah, yes, getting creative will be the name of the game. A few of the challenges, for starters:
              -Off the shelf parts are pretty much non-existent. No airbag kits, coilover suspensions, nope. I've got lowering springs and Koni adjustable shocks, that's as good as it gets.

-The 900 has TONS of front overhang, very long nose past the front wheels. That means a higher chance of scraping on everything, and the body kit is very rare and unavailable in the US. So running fixed height might not be an option.

-Wheels are hard to choose. The 4x114.3 bolt pattern is common FWD, but the car requires more of a RWD offset My best option looks like imported JDM wheels which typically have lower offsets, but come with combo 4 and 5 by 114.3 patterns.
              Last edited by IronJoe; 08-16-2010, 02:03 PM.
              sigpic
              '87 Saab 900 Airflow
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by The Carter View Post
                holy shittt!

it'd be cool to see stock photos of it and compare them to now, haha

sigpic
                '87 Saab 900 Airflow
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Woww, the saab came a long way. Looks very good. I think I've seen it on thesaablink forums?

Comment

this saab is pure s*x, can't see such a car every day...

i really want to see this one as lower as possible, much poke and tadam...

Welcome!

flickr

Comment

that thing is sexy! good luck with the stance! i am currently looking into saab wagons along with volvos but am not familer with saab and the whole made from airplanes thing makes me feel they are VERY VERY expensive to fix

Comment

That looks boss!
                        sigpic

Comment

Hell yeah more SAAB, I always wanted to do a vert like yours.

I have an 06 2.0T ss.
                          C5 A6 / / AMU TT

Comment

sick SAAB! (first time saying that )
                            025garage

Comment

I'll give you a few hours with my GF if you let me ride in the car. Hell, I'll tape it if you want!

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X